Chapter 37- The boy who could shape Aura to his desire

"Wow! I can't believe you took out the bad bandits and saved those people!" Ruby said exuberantly as she ate the food Zakai made.
"That is impressive," Qrow said as he leaned against the wall.
"I could've taken them too," Weiss interfered.
"No you couldn't have," Zakai dejected her statement. "I broke my arm fighting him. I barely won," he sighed as he leaned back. Remembering the fear he felt when fighting.
He only had one arm and he only summoned that dagger in his mouth out of instinct. In fact, he didn't summon it, he was pretty sure the other Zakai had.
"I literally beat him out of luck. Thankfully my Semblance is stupid strong." He scratched the back of his head.
"Well anyway," Jaune began. "I'm glad you're safe. We all are. But also, we have an issue."
"What's that?"
"We can't get to Atlas. Cordovin won't give us an Airship."
"Well I say we storm the area and-"
"Shut up, Kai," Weiss said. Though they're was no malice, just amusement. "That would never work. Argus's military is no laughing matter. They'll capture and in prison all of us the second we get through the gates."
"Man," Zakai puffed his cheeks. "Lame..."
"I have an idea," Jaune interjected.
"Oh?" Zakai closed one eye and looked at him.
"We steal an airship." Zakai smirked at the idea.
"Now THAT is an idea I can get behind. Oh man, just thinking about this heist makes my blood pump!"
"Really? You're excited about this?"
"Oh indeed I am," he replied to Blake. "Believe it or not, but I use to be a bandit back in the day before Beacon. I'm a master thief."
"Really?" Black raises her hand up, showing his pouch that held his weapons.
"Oh?" He he held his hand up as well, showing her weapon in his hand. He then raised his other hand, which had her wallet and her scroll in it.
"Wait, how did you-"
"Ah-ah!" He waved his finger. "I'm not telling." He showed his hands once more. He no longer had her weapon or scroll or wallet.
"Where did you put them?" Blake crosses her arms, a soft smile on her face.
"Don't ask me. Ask Nora."
"Eh? I'm not part of thi-" she went to put her hands up in surrender, only to have Blake's weapon in her right hand, and her wallet and scroll in her left. "AH! What the!"
"See? I told you." Zakai smiled as he leaned back in success. Everyone gave back what belonged to them and began talking about the plan.

"Okay, so Zakai. You know what you have to do, right?" Jaune asked.
  "Yep. I have to go get supplies," he sighed heavily.
  "We're sorry, but after what happened last time....," Jaune was referring to Haven, were he went berserk.
  "Yeah...I understand," he mumbled as he stood up. "Well. I'm off to go get food." As he walked out he grumbled unaudiable words.

  *RWBY POV*

"It's a Leviathan! It began its approach during your battle! We need you!" The Atlas solider said over the radio.  Ruby looked back to her friends in horror, who all shared equally concerned expressions. They look to Cordovin's mech, still struggling to lift up its arm cannon...

  *Zakais POV*

  The groceries fell from his hand to the ground with a thump. "What the hell is that?!" He looked at the Giant Grimm that was making its way from the water towards land.
  It let out a roar, and everyone began running. "Shit!" He began running towards it.
  He was halfway near it when he saw an airship flying above it. He didn't see the pilot, but he knew that airship had Ruby and everyone else in it.
  "Wait.."he saw something falling from it, roses trailing behind. "No...no! RUBY!" He saw her heading towards the Grimm, and a flash of silver light shun bright, causing him to squint. As fast as the glow was there, it was gone. And the Grimm stood there, petrified and in stone.
  "No way..." he muttered as he continued running towards it. He reached a cliff and looked down at the fall. It was to steep a drop and the Leviathan Grimm was still to far out for him to reach. "Tsk!" He watched as the stone began to crack. Whatever Ruby had done, it wasn't working. He saw her get out of there just in time as it broke free and it continued on its path towards Argus.
  "Damn it! If it reaches the shore, everyone here will...." he imagined Saphron and Terra and their child who he had met not long before. He thought of the innocent people he had spoken to when buying groceries both with Saphron and by himself. He started to shake, and he began to feel useless.
  "Damn it...I can never do anything....I'm so USELESS!" He flung his arms to his sides. "DAMN IT!" He looked at the Grimm. It seemed to be starring at him, as if it was challenging him. 
  "Damn it. Damn it! Damn it! I'll kill you! I'll kill you! I won't let you hurt them!" He grabbed his head and his vision began to go static.
  Flames. Smoke. Blood. Stench. Death. Dragon. Grimm. Death. Death. Death. Death. Death. DEATH! DEATH! DEATHDEATHDEATHDEATH!
  "GAHHHHH!" Electricity began to surround him and the ground he stood on. "Die. Die. Die. Die. Die. DIE!" Swords and spears appeared in the air behind him. The Grimm let out a roar, as if accepting the challenge.
  "Calm down," a familiar voice spoke to him. His eyes widened and his breathing stopped. His semblance deactivated and the weapons vanished.
  "Y-Yue?" He looked to his right to see her smiling at him. "Yue? Yue?" Tears began to form around his eyes. He went to reach for her but she vanished like a puff of smoke. "No! NO, YUE! Please don't go!" He grasped at the smoke, hopping that he would be able to hold her once more. He fell to his knees, tears  falling down his face.
  "I...I can't let anyone die," he began. His voice flat and empty. "I won't let them die." He stood up, electricity surrounding his entire body. His eyes were glowing blue.
  "I won't let the people here die...." A bright flash went off and he held a sword in each hand and there were several dozen behind him.
  He jumped off the ledge of the cliff, and a large clump of swords gathered together and he rode it like he was surfing, making his way towards the Grimm. His eyes were still glowing a bright blue as he approached it.
  It swung at him, destroying the swarm of weapons he was riding on. He tossed his chain, wrapping it around its wrist. He swung upwards, landing on its neck. Several blades stabbed into its body. It let out a roar.
  "Shut the hell up!" He stabbed his swords into its neck while several hundred more stabbed itself into the Grimm. It seemed to have no effect on it as it began swinging its body, knocking him off.
  A swarm of blades caught him and circled around the leviathan, allowing him to send swords flying into its body one by one.
  "Damn it!" He clicked his tongue. "This is taking to long...." he began to think as he circled the Grimm.
  A smile came across his face after a few minutes. He began heading upwards until he was directly above the Grimm with its head directly below him. The blades he had been riding on left from under him, causing him to fall.
  The hundreds of blades he was surfing on began to gather and transform into a giant rail gun. "Check mate." He smirked. The giant rail gun was finished and you could hear the buzzing of it charging up. With a bright flash and a loud boom. A giant shot of energy ran straight through the Grimm, completely annihilating it. His body flashed, meaning his Aura had run out as he continued falling.
  "Shit! Shit! Shit!" He began panicking as he kept falling faster and faster. 
  "Zakai!" He heard a voice call. He looked up to see the ship flying towards him and Ruby holding her hand out for him to grab. He reached his hand out.
As the ship passed him, she grabbed his hand and pulled him in. He ended up falling on top of her as the ship rocked.
Ruby's face was red as he started up into his still glowing blue eyes. "H-hey." She said softly. Her body seemed to be shaking.
"Hey." He smiled and began leaning closer. He could hear her heart beast and her breathing growing faster.
"Hey, were still here." Qrow interfered their moment, although there was laughter in his voice.
"Sorry," Zakai said as he stood up and helped her up.
"Zakai," an old lady who seemed to be piloting looked back to speak to him.
"Umm. Who's tha-"
"My name is Maria," the lady answered. "And I saw what you just did. You took down that Leviathan Grimm with ease."
"Well, I wouldn't say with ease. It took all my Aura to do it..." And I still wasn't able to control my Aura or Semblance.. He hadn't meant to summon so many weapons, but they just did it on their own.
"Yes, well, that Semblance... I've heard of it before."
"Wait, what?"
"That semblance, it's less of a semblance and more of a power that was given to you."
"I've heard this before...." he muttered. "Who gave it to me?" He asked.
"Well, much like how I've told Ruby that silver eyed warriors got there silver eyes from the God of Light, your power came from the opposite. You got your powers from the God of Darkness."
"So...my power is evil." Zakai said as he sat down.
"I wouldn't say that." Ruby sat next to him and rested her head on his shoulder.
"Yes. That's not true. Your power was given by the God of Darkness, and although he was evil himself, the God of Light would not have let that power be passed on unless there was a reason."
"So there's a reason I have this power?" He asked, confused on the whole situation.
"I'd like to think so. Say," she began. "Have you heard the story of the boy that could shape Aura to his desire?"
  "No, I've never heard. Have any of you?" He looked around at everyone around him. No one said anything, not even Qrow, who also had a look of confusion on his face.
  "The story begins with a boy, whose name is not known. He was sitting at home, when the screams of people echoed through his house. He went outside to see the commotion, only to see his home and everyone he knew and loved set ablaze in fire." Zakais eyes widened and his heart beat slowed, his heart seemed to drop even. He began to feel sick to his stomach, but he did his best not to show it.
  "He begins looking. Looking for anyone he knew. When he found his parents, he felt safe. Only for them both to die right before his eyes."
  "How?" Nora asked. She seemed scared, like the story was going to pop out and come to life. Although it already had. So she had no reason to be scared.
  "Dragon Grimm......" Zakai said, his voice distant.
  "Yes..." Maria said. Everyone looked at Zakai, saw the fear in his eyes. The hatred. The pain. "For a few years, the boy wondered all alone. Trying to master a power he had no idea how to control. He once used it, but it went south. And he killed innocent people....."

  *7 years ago*

  "Woah! That's so cool, Zakai!" Luna clapped as she saw the electricity surround him.
  "So like, do you shoot it out of your eye balls? Or maybe your fingers?!"
  "Shut up, Han." Zakai laughed. "I don't know. Maybe I can shoot it. I haven't figured it out yet. This is all I can do."
  "Hmm. Maybe it's an electric shield?" Luna thought out loud.
  "Ohh! Maybe!"
  "I don't know. Do you think?" Zakai asked.
  "Only one way to find out." At that, Han punched Zakai in the gut, knocking the wind out of him. "Nope. Not a shield."
  Zakai got up, gasping for breathe. "Damnit, Han! Why'd you do that?!"
  "Well it was the only way."
  "You didn't have to punch me full strength!"
  "Well better safe than sorry. I thought that might be it. A shield. I didn't think it would actually hurt you."
  "Tsk. Your so damn annoying. You know that!" Zakai hissed in anger.
  "What are you gonna do! Shoot electricity at me?" He laughed.
  "I'll....I'll.....kill you..." at that, the world went black.

  *present*

  "After that, he shut himself away from the world. Decided that being alone was best. He felt that the death of anyone he knew was his fault. He traveled for quite some more time. And that's when he found her. She was kind to him, sweet. She made him feel loved. Happy. And then she was killed. Murdered. Years of anger, hatred, pain, fear, all built up in him. He lost control and began to hunt those who hurt her. He killed so many people because of her. The one who killed her." Maria fell silent.
  "Is...is that the end?" Jaune asked.
  "No...it was only the beginning."