Chapter 39- Why are you so warm?

I awoke on my back, in the same spot I was in last. I was alone, with the dark figure before me gone. "What...happened?" I asked as I looked around. The air was silent, with not even the sound of the wind. It disturbed me, yet was peaceful at the same time.
  I looked around and looked at the black pool below me. And that's when I remembered.
  "Lea!" I said, looking down at where she had fell. I began to feel the rage stir up inside me once again. "Damnit!" I yelled. "Where are you, you damned creature!" I screamed to the sky, hopping it would answer and show its self before me once again. But alas, my screaming and threats reached no one.
  Am I that pathetic? Will he not face me because I'm weak? If this the case, the only thing I can do is get stronger. Get stronger to avenge her, and to kill him!

  "Leo!" My mother cried out to as she saw me walking towards the house. She must have just got done with shopping, as she was carrying groceries in her hand. "Where have you been?! You've been gone for three days!" She scolded him. "And where's you're sister?!"
  He looked at the ground. Her eyes seemed to have widened in disbelief. "W-where is she? Where is Lea?" She asked again, this time with desperation in her voice.
"She...." I hiccuped as a tear ran down my cheek. "She's gone...." I cried softly. The groceries fell to the ground with an thump, followed by the wails of my mother.
Her cries lasted until late at night, but she finally fell asleep. Though I could hear her crying out Leas name.
I, too, soon fell asleep. Once again falling into the abyss of darkness. The void within.

I awoke to the screams of people outside. The air was hot and stunk of burnt flesh and hair. I nearly gagged as I got up to go check on my mother.
"Mom!" I said, stepping into her room. "The village. It's on fi-" she wasn't there. Where did she go? What happened to her?
I ran out the house to see the village engulfed in flames. There was screaming all around, but I paid no mind to it. Just the dragon flying above. The same dragon I had saw the other day.
"You!" I hissed at it, although it couldn't hear me. It was to busy burning innocent people alive. Wait....Sam?! I noticed her hiding under some trees, not far from me. She was terrified and had burns on her arms and legs.
"Sam!" I called out to her. My girlfriend...she's hurt...it hurt her! It hurt her hurt her hurt her!
She saw me and hope filled her eyes. "Leo!" She called out as she ran to me, only to be devoured by the dragon.
"NOOOO! SAM!!!" Rage consumed me. I could feel it rising. My body felt hotter than any flame. The dragon looked at me, and seemed to smile. "You BASTARD!" I began to feel a sensation around my feet, and I noticed electricity seemed to surround my feet and spread to the ground below. The sky began to turn a dull color and the dragon stepped back. It went to take off, but a sword stabbed into its foot, causing it to roar out in pain.
Where did that sword come from? Who threw it?
I looked to find out who did it, only to turn around and see hundreds of swords floating behind me, aiming at the dragon.
Did...did I do that? Is this the power I received. The power to kill a dragon?
I smiled and turned my attention back to the dragon, only to be swatted by its tail.
Once again, the world went black...

When I woke up, everything was burned to ash. There wasn't a single person left alive, except for myself.
Why? Why was I left alive? Why was I the only one to survive? Why why whywhywhywhywhywhy!!!!!!
I looked around at the ashes and thought to myself. I knew what I had to do.
I had to kill it! The one that did this to me! Ruined my life, killed my family, my friends, my girlfriend....I had to kill it, and everything that gets in my way....is evil!

The blood stained my clothes and dripped down from my blade into the puddle under my feet. The blood spread in the water like the rage burning within. Like the flames that killed everyone.
The bandit was on his knees, begging for his life.
"How pathetic," I said. How could him and his friends try and rob me and not be able to face the consequences without fear? "Die like a man." I said as I slashed him through...
This world...these people...they all had to burn...

"Please! Stop! No more! I'm sorry I tried to rob you!" The man wasn't speaking to me, but rather a woman he had tried to attack and rob.
"I-it's okay," she said. She was still confused and scared at what had just happened. She had gotten attacked out of no where, and saved just as fast.
"Apologize all you want," I said coldly. "Because it's the last thing you'll ever do!"
"No! Ple-ACK!" Blood poured out from his throat to the ground below.
"Ahhh!" The woman screamed as she ran off.
"Tsk. Cowards," I muttered under my breathe.

"Come on, lady," he smiled as he got closer to her, his knife held up. "Just give me your belongings, and it'll all be fine."
"Pathetic pig," my voice echoed in the alley, causing him to jump. He looked around for the origin of my voice. Only I was in front of him.
My blade was pointed to his throat, and I was ready to cut when a hand touched my shoulder.
"Don't kill him," she said.
Why did she say that? Don't kill him? Why? He deserves it. He's a pig. A monster. Kill him kill him killkillkillkillkill!
"Stop it." She gripped my shoulder tight, pulling me away from the man. He ran off in fear.
"Tsk! He got away!" I hissed at her. The only reply I got was a slap to the face.
"I said STOP IT!" I looked her in the eyes, and I saw her understanding. Her kindness...her worry...."Stop fighting yourself," she said. "I can smell your inner turmoil."
"Smell?" I said. "Tsk, That doesn't matter. Don't act like you know me." I yanked myself away from her grip. As soon as her hand leave my shoulder, I felt cold.
"Stop it," she said once more. This time with sadness in her voice. "Stop pushing people away. Stop killing...it's not you." She walked closer to me, to which I stepped back.
"What do you know!"
"I know that your lost. And that your cold. Your alone and sad, but also angry at the world. So stop. Take a moment and look at yourself. Is this who you really want to be?"
"...I...I....." I could feel a tear falling down my check. "I don't know anymore." My blade fell to the ground with an clank. "I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE!" I screamed into my hands, tears falling to the ground faster than I could count. "I don't know who I am anymore...." I cried softly.
The woman got on her knees and embraced me in a hug. "It's okay," she said softly, but she was crying too.
"It's all been so cold," I whispered softly. "So tell me...."
"Tell you what?" She asked.
"Why are you so warm?"