Robbie Jennings- Ornament (h)

Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging One Shot

It was never nice to have an argument with someone, it was uncomfortable, and it didn't always end in the best way. You hated any form of confrontation with anyone, but it was no secret that you and your sister Georgia often bickered.

The two of you got on as well as could be expected, you had gotten closer as you'd both gotten older but the two of you still got annoyed with each other – sharing a room recently hadn't helped, your room was being redone and so you were sharing with your sister, but Georgia had taken it upon herself to go through your things and she had broken an ornament that Robbie had had made for you.

Naturally you were upset but it annoyed you even more when Georgia denied it, she claimed she never even touched your ornament which escalated the situation, but you'd stormed out before you said something you'd regret.

Once you'd reached the sea front you realised you should probably give Robbie a call to let him know where you were in case, he went to your house.

"Hey baby," Robbie's voice came through the phone when he answered.

"Hey," you breathed out as you leant on the railing of the pier. "I'm at the pier Rob."

"Baby it's freezing," he told you and you could hear him moving about his room. "Stay there, I'm coming to get you."

He hung up on you after telling you he loved you and you knew it wouldn't be long until he appeared.

About fifteen minutes passed before you heard Robbie call out to you, you turned around to see him walking towards you all bundled up because of the cold.

He pulled you into a hug as soon as he reached you, rubbing his hands up and down your arms as he somehow knew you were cold.

"What happened?" he questioned once he pulled away, taking your hand and intertwining your fingers to lead you back to the shop.

You sighed. "You know how me, and Georgia have been sharing a room?" he nodded. "Well, she had been going through my things on my desk and as she did, she knocked off the ornament that you had made for me last year."

Robbie nodded again, he remembered the ornament of course, he had gotten it made for your 2nd anniversary – it was an engraving of a photo of the two of you fixed onto a stand and you had loved it from the minute you'd opened it.

"When I asked her if she'd touched it, she said no, but it was obvious it was her because it could only have been broken by someone moving it – it was in the middle of the desk for Christ's sake."

Robbie moved so that his arm was around your shoulder, effectively pulling you closer. "I'm sure she didn't do it on purpose baby," he tried to reassure you. "And we can get you another one made; it can be replaced."

You nodded but sighed as you did so. "It's not even that she broke it Rob, I understand it was probably an accident," you admitted. "It's that she completely denied it, and then made me feel bad for being upset."

Sighing also, Robbie steered you into the shop when you both got there and quickly took you upstairs.

Once you were sat on his bed, he wrapped you up in one of his hoodies and then sat down next to you. "I just knew if I stayed arguing with her, I'd upset her by saying something bad."

Robbie nodded in understanding as he shot off a text on his phone. "Well as far as Mum is concerned, you're staying the night," he told you as he pulled you to sit in his lap. "So how about we get that new ornament ordered, yeah?"

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.