Vincent Nigel-Murray- Logo (h)

Bones One Shot

Everyone had always told you how difficult long-distance relationships were; the fact that they never worked, someone would always cheat and many more things.

It was never nice to hear those things or to have such doubt put onto you, but you tried to make an active effort to never listen to such things.

When Vincent told you that he had accepted an internship in D.C. who were you to tell him not to go; you loved him, you were in love with him and had been for the past three years.

And so, he went, the two of you kept in touch all the time as best you could – you called whenever you could, texted when you couldn't and visited each other at every available opportunity.

An opportunity had come up for you to be able to travel D.C. and so you had taken it upon yourself to surprise Vincent as the Jeffersonian.

It was easier to get to the lab in the Jeffersonian than you thought it was going to be, once you explained to security that you were there to see Vincent, they just let you in.

So, there you were walking into the lab with your suitcase behind you, dressed in one of Vincent's university hoodies.

You spotted the platform and saw Vincent's colleagues up there as you recognised them from photos you had been sent.

"Excuse me?" you called out as you reached the steps of the platform.

Camille turned around and looked at you in confusion. "How can I help you?"

You smiled slightly nervously. "I'm looking for Vincent."

"Nigel-Murray?" Jack questioned, coming to stand by Camille.

Nodding, you smiled at them both. "Yes, I assumed he was here."

Camille nodded as she walked off of the platform. "He is, I'll go and get him, but I just ask that you wait here please?"

Again, you nodded, letting go of your suitcase as you put your hands into the pocket of your hoodie.

"Hey, I recognise that logo," Jack pointed at your hoodie as he spoke. "Vincent has a computer case with the same one."

Before you had a chance to respond you heard your name being called out.

"Y/N?" you turned to see Vincent walking towards you, confused but rather ecstatic.

You smiled at him as you ran to meet him and he caught you, enveloping you in his arms.

"What are you doing here?" he questioned, his hand splaying out on your back.

"Work gave me an at home assignment for a couple months," you explained. "So, I thought, if you'll have me, I'll spend it out here with you."

He chuckled and shook his head. "Of course, I'll have you my love."

You smiled again as he leant down to kiss you but at the sound of a throat cleaning you pulled away.

It was then that you realised essentially al of Vincent's colleagues had crowded you both in confusion. "Who are you?" Dr Brennan quizzed, crossing her arms.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, my name is Y/N Y/L/N."

"And why are you here Miss Y/L/N?" Dr Brennan asked again.

Vincent cleared his throat and came to stand by your side properly, his arm going around your waist.

"This is my girlfriend; she's come to stay with me for a couple of months."

Jack's mouth dropped open as he stared at you.

"Wait, you had a girlfriend back home this whole time?" he questioned, looking utterly shocked.

You giggled but nodded. "I've visited here a few times, but this is my first time in the Jeffersonian."

Camille smiled at you before she gestured to Vincent. "I believe you should show her around Mr Nigel-Murray, make the most of your lunch hour, yes?"

~*~

Written by Hannah.