Dot Campbell- Drama (c)

The Wilds One Shot

No matter what the problem on the island- and there were many of them- everyone knew that they could go to Dot for answers. She was probably the most capable in nearly all the ways that mattered when stranded on a deserted island, so it was only natural that she took an almost leading role of the people and the confidante to you all. It wasn't surprising that she needed a break though. You wanted a break from it all and you weren't the one that had been put in charge of the safety of all the other survivors.

Dot moved down the beach to sit down and clear her head, for the first time since you had crash landed and everyone was doing their best to respect that but after an hour, you wanted to make sure that she was okay. You grabbed one of the few diet coke cans that your group had to provide hydration and headed off towards where she sought solace.

"You alright?" You smiled, sitting down beside her in the sand, handing her the can of drink.

"Yeah," she shrugged. "As alright as I can really be seen as we're here."

"True," you nodded. "We're all really grateful for everything that you have done for us all. I doubt we'd be doing nearly as well as we are if you weren't here to help out."

She opened the can of drink and took a sip of it, trying not to waste the limited resource until your group was able to find a source of fresh water to sustain you.

"It is reminding me why I didn't have friends," she sighed. "There's enough drama in survival, let alone the added that seems to come every day between people. I can kind of handle survival, but girl drama just isn't my deal."

"It's not mine either," you laughed. "I honestly can't think of one thing past means of survival worth arguing over currently, but everyone else seems to have a list as long as their arms."

The two of you fell into silence before looking out into the ocean, the only noise coming from the breaking of waves against the shore. You assumed by now you would have hated the ocean but it still brought solace to you to just focus on its movements rather than the hell that you were being forced to live in every single day.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.