Jamie Taylor- Catharsis (c)

The Haunting of Bly Manor One Shot

When you got a job at Bly Manor, you had hoped to use it as an escape from the life that you had been living. It was a manor house near a small village without much else around and seen as you would be the au pair, you would spend little time with people who didn't live or work at the home. Even with the detachment from your life, the stress and pain stayed within you and bubbled away until you could barely handle it anymore.

Your only solace from the storm within your mind was the company of the groundskeeper, Jamie. The two of you met on your first day and got along straight away. Neither of you were overly sociable but your similar personalities meshed well, and she took you under her wing in making sure you didn't have to struggle on your own.

Jamie found you stood outside the front door of the manor, trying to catch your breath, not sure how to cope with your own thoughts. She didn't pry but insisted that you followed her and led you off through the gardens to a secluded corner that she was certain no one would find you in.

"I like to come here to get a break," she shrugged, sitting down on a log. "It's quiet and we're so far from the house that no one will come here."

"Thank you for bringing me here," you smiled softly, knowing that it was a big thing for Jamie to let you into a place so precious to her.

"And because we are so far from anyone, no one can here you no matter how loud you are," she said, not caring about how questionable the words sounded. "Sometimes it helps to just scream into the void. I find it rather cathartic."

You cocked an eyebrow at her.

Jamie chuckled at your confused expression. "Poppins just let out the loudest scream you can. You'll thank me for it."

You weren't sure if she was just pulling your leg and trying to make you look like a complete fool, but you were willing to take a shot. You took a deep breath before letting out the loudest, longest scream you could muster. Once you finished screaming, you felt as though a weight had been lifted from your shoulders but almost drained of your energy.

Jamie smiled at you.

"What?" You questioned, not sure why you were getting a grin from the gardener.

"That was impressive."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.