Zoe Benson- Normal (c)

American Horror Story: Coven One Shot

Although you loved your time at Miss Robichaux's Academy for Exceptional Young Ladies, sometimes being away from your family and struggling with progressing your powers, left you feeling rather terribly. Normally you could control how you felt, the constant concern that came with wanting to be normal, not be a crazy witch who needed a special school. Today was just one of the days that you couldn't control how you felt and needed to wallow in self-pity for a little before going back to the life you lived.

You didn't have the energy for dinner, so stayed in your room and hoped to let the tearful night go by and head to your classes in the morning as though nothing had happened but that wasn't quite the case. Of course, your absence of a five-student school would be noticed, and your best friend Zoe decided to come to check on you.

She knocked on your bedroom door and although you told her to leave you alone, she entered the room anyway.

"You missed dinner," she stated. "Are you okay?"

She noticed your tears and sat down on the bed next to you, uncertain of what was going on.

"What's wrong?"

You tried to be dismissive about the matter, but she persisted, and you realised it'd just be easier to be honest even if she thought you were stupid because of it.

"I just want to be normal," you cried.

"What do you mean?"

"I love you guys and I love this school, but I feel like a freak. I just want to go back to my normal school and be normal. I can't tell anyone about being a witch as they'll think I'm crazy and maybe I am. I just wish I didn't have to think about that," you sighed tearfully.

Zoe gave you a sympathetic smile. "I completely understand that."

"You do?"

You felt so alone in how you felt but the chances were that everyone in your school felt the same at some point.

"Of course. Having to go to a school away from home for people with powers, how can that not seem crazy? But this is our normal and that doesn't make you any more or less than everyone else."

"Don't you ever just want to be able to not be a witch?" You asked.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Sometimes but I now know that being normal is overrated."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.