Theo Crain- Mistletoe (c)

The Haunting of Hill House One Shot

Although neither you or your girlfriend Theo were massive fans of Christmas, you still wanted to add some festive cheer to your home and decorate it for the holidays. She went into the loft in Shirley's house and grabbed the two boxes that contained all your decorations along with the tied up fake tree. There was a good variety of Christmas decorations for you to pick from so the two of you started to get to work.

You worked together to get the tree to stand and stretch out all of the branches to try and make it look full and beautiful, before Theo went to untangle all of the tinsel whilst you started to put all the baubles onto the tree. Your back begun to ache from crouching down to grab decorations and then stretching up to reach the top of the tree. When you had reached about half of the tree full of baubles, you heard Theo laugh from behind you.

Peering over your shoulder, you saw Theo looking down at something inside of the box she was working through, but it was obscured of the mass of tinsel.

"What?" You questioned.

Theo stood up, holding onto the item until she was on her feet. She reached her arm up, revealing the sprig of fake leaves that you recognised fondly from the previous years of Christmas.

"Oh, how convenient, some mistletoe," she laughed, putting fake excitement in her voice.

You rolled your eyes at her, discarding the bauble in your hand back to the box and headed over to your girlfriend.

"if you just wanted me to stop decorating to come over to kiss you, you could have just asked," you smiled.

Stepping onto your tiptoes, you looped your arms around her neck to help pull her down to kiss you sweetly under the mistletoe.

"Maybe I'll have to hang this up," she chuckled. "Maybe there is something good about Christmas."

"Well I'm glad that you have found something that you enjoy about the festive season, even if it's just an excuse for the two of us to get close," you said. "Not that you need an excuse."

Theo shrugged her shoulders, throwing the leaves away from the two of you so that she could put both hands onto you, pulling you as close to her as she possibly could. You gratefully accepted a second kiss, letting the two of you forget about the decorating and just become lost in one another.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.