Andre Layton- Cell (a)

Snowpiercer One Shot

"Psst." You peered at Andre's almost lifeless, beaten body that hunched in the corner of the small jail cell. "Layton!" Still no reply, he was clearly awake but either didn't care to be harassed by another member of the law or clearly didn't care for guests. You found a small something at your feet, upon closer inspection it turned out to be a pen lid but it would be more than good enough to throw at him without causing any damage.

"What?" He scoffed without raising his head.

"Layton, it's me, y/n... I left the tail like... 3 months ago."

"Huh?" He slowly brought himself onto his unsteady feet. "What the fuck, we though you were dead?" With heavy feet he shuffled over to you. "They... they told us you were dead?"

"They pulled me one night whilst I was sleeping, real scary shit. Turns out they needed people to help cultivate the crops and they found out that kind of used to be my forte. Turns out it's kind of a rare speciality around here so I managed to bargain myself a cushy life in second." Layton sneered and backed himself over to where he originally slumped.

"It's alright for some, glad to know your shit's all together. They are using me as an unpaid, beaten homicide detective but you don't see me swanning around second class."

"Don't think I've forgotten about you all, I got stuff going on! I've got schedules noted down." You turned your voice down to a whisper. "I'm figuring out whose running what, what would be the biggest hits, if you know what I mean?"

"Don't give up your new life for us, don't be a fool."

"Please! As soon as they're done with me I'm either gonna be chucked out of the train or thrown right back in the tail, these guys don't care what happens as long as they get what they want. I haven't forgotten about you all. Besides, life in second isn't all It's cracked up to be, you work all day, barely get any time think, never mind anything else. I'm still getting those shitty rations you get and I'm looked down on by everybody I work with and pass in the hall. I'm keeping everybody fed and all I'm getting is a slightly comfier bed." Layton chuckled.

"Well once you get out give us what you know, maybe then we can bring some justice to Snowpiercer."

~*~

Written by Aaron.