Ethan Hunt- Baby (h)

Mission Impossible One Shot

You'd lost track of how many times you'd been told that dating someone you worked with wasn't a good idea.

People told you that it would get in the way of what you did, or your friendships with co-workers would change, or that it would just ruin things in general.

Needless to say, you'd not exactly followed that advice – considering the fact that for the past year you had been in a relationship with a colleague.

Not even just a colleague, an agent on your team that you worked with daily.

Ethan had been amazing to you. You couldn't think of anyone you'd rather be with but the fact that you were always together – whether it be on missions or in your down time – didn't always help.

Everyone in the team knew that you were always partnered with Ethan and yet for some reason Ethan had asked Jane to go with him to the party to scope out the host.

You couldn't understand why he'd taken Jane instead of you and you couldn't ignore that little green monster either.

William and Benji had stayed behind too so at least you had some form of company.

Benji being the adorable human he was had noticed that something was up, so he moved to sit down next to you.

"You're annoyed at him, aren't you?"

You sighed as you shook your head in disbelief. "I can never hide anything from you, can I?"

Benji chuckled and shrugged his shoulders. "I'm sure Ethan has his reasons Y/N, just wait until they're back."

Sighing again you nodded, knowing he was right. And so, you disappeared up to your room for the remainder of the evening, deciding to wait it out like Benji had suggested.

You sat in your room for the next however many hours until Ethan walked in.

"Hey baby," he greeted you, but you just looked up at him.

Ethan's brow furrowed in confusion, so he came to sit next to you.

"What's wrong baby? Has something happened?" he questioned gently, placing a hand on your leg.

You shrugged. "Oh, I don't know, how about your partner going without you on a mission? And you know not even giving a proper explanation," you saw Ethan's expression change as you spoke. "You know anyone that's done that recently?"

Ethan sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. "Why didn't you say anything baby?"

Scoffing you shook his hand off of your leg. "Not like you gave me much of a chance."

"Oh, baby I'm sorry," he finally realised that he should've explained himself. "I thought it would be too risky for you to come with me."

"I'm risky now?"

He groaned and shook his head. "No baby not like that," he quickly tried to reassure you. "The host of the party wasn't a nice dude, god he tried to sneak Jane off to his private quarters – the thought of him or anyone doing that to you makes me want to hurt them."

You softened at his words, calming down when you realised, he did have some form of reasoning.

"I just didn't want you hurt baby and I know you can take care of yourself, but I just didn't think."

Moving so that you could cuddle up to him, Ethan happily took you into his arms. "Next time explain yourself okay?"

Ethan ch7uckled but kissed the top of your head. "I'll make sure to baby, promise."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.