Anduin Wrynn- Coronation (a)

World of Warcraft One Shot

Flourishes of gold and blue hues adorned the cathedral wherever the eye could see. What else could be expected though from what could only be described as the event of the millennia, a true once in a lifetime experience, the coronation of a new king. Not only would Prince Anduin become the new King of Stormwind, he would also inherit his father's position of High King of the Alliance, granting him never before seen power over all of the allied races.

Out of all the people attending the ceremony however, Anduin seemed the glummest. He did not have a distant sombreness of grief or the scattered eyes of a man far too young to step into his father's shoes, he simply looked as if he did not want to be there.

He held his hands loosely in front of him and gazed around the room, staring blankly at what could have been the thousands of people in attendance, all crammed into the small canal-side cathedral. You had been lucky enough to grab a pew only a few back from the front, your father had good connections within the Wrynn family, something that dated back before even Varian and as so you sat beside him and felt as bored as Anduin looked.

You found it hard to pull your eyes from Anduin even as the high paladin spoke, it was only by chance that just before you unstuck your vision, his head turned and your eyes locked in a stubborn embrace. For the first time in the ceremony his rose tinted lips curled up every so slightly at each end and you got to see the deep twinkle of hope that rested gently in his eyes. So far the ceremony had been long and even listening to the infinite droning was past difficult, some of the older noblemen and women had already drifted off into a deep and well earned slumber, yet the time spent battling his shimmering vision had seemed like a much longer but much more enjoyable event.

It was impossible to not wonder if he had simply entered a state of boredom so strong he would rather just stare into nothingness or he his intentions were similar to yours, an attempt to communicate with him through nothing but gleaming eyes, lightly twitching smiles and a hope that some other worldly force would eventually unite him with you and you would both return to the chapel with a much more lively occasion in mind.

~*~

Written by Aaron.