Max Black- Date (a)

2 Broke Girls One Shot

'Blue or Black?' It had taken long enough but eventually you had managed to narrow down what to wear for your date with Max and the only decision left was which shirt to wear. 'Blue.' You decided as you held the light fabric up against yourself in front of the lightly smeared full body mirror that sat in the corner of your bathroom.

"Psst." Your head spun, unsure if you were hearing things or if the mice that lived in the walls of your apartment had started speaking English. "Psst." Again, you looked around for the voice that seemingly called for you out of thin air. "I'm at the window dumbass!" You lay the shirt carefully on the bed and peered through the gap in the frosted window where the parts did not quite meet properly. "Heeeey."

"Max? What are you doing here? I thought we were meant to be meeting downtown?" You asked as she clambered through your window and onto the slightly damp tiled floor.

"Caroline was supposed to be working solo tonight, but she had an emergency come up and now she has to go and sort that out so..."

"So, you need to go and work?" Brushing the dirt off her uniform from climbing up to your bathroom window would have been pointless given the plethora of stains already.

"I would skip but I've already skipped work once or twice this week and I don't want to leave Han stranded without any servers, plus I can't let Caroline get into trouble. I don't want you to think this is me flaking on our date though, I'm more than happy to rearrange and I'll even let you pick the place." You could tell that she was in a bit of a rush. "Thanks for answering your phone by the way... it was much easier walking up a fire escape for half an hour." Her eyes darted around the room in an attempt to escape yours.

"Why don't we just do something after you've finished?"

"Don't worry, I don't want to get in the way and ruin your plans."

"If you think I would have plans after going on a date, to a bar, with you... then I don't think you would know me. I think I would be too scared I'd be dead from alcohol poisoning. Come by after, I'll make sure there's a pizza en route and I'll pick us out a film to watch."

"Yeah." She smiled. "That would be nice."

~*~

Written by Aaron.