Hughie Campbell- Head (a)

The Boys One Shot

You stared in anger down at the man locked in the rusted cage. You couldn't see him, you couldn't hear him and if it were not for the fact that you put his electrified body in there only a few hours ago you would have presumed somebody would have locked the cage and let their prey escape.

"Go on." You insisted that Hughie let even a little of his anger out on Translucent who you could only guess was cowering naked in the back of his confinements. "Just a little beating, it'll make you feel better. It'll do a world of good." Hughie glared at the makeshift cattle prod with a worryingly neutral expression as you thrusted it into his arms.

"No thanks, I don't think it'll help to be honest." He handed you back the rod and perched on the edge of the splintered, stained chair that sat opposite the cage. "I'd rather just get some of the answers that we need. I'll let Butcher and Frenchie have their fun with him, I know there's no point in me trying to stop them even if I wanted to." You shrugged, gave Translucent one quick blast of power, and tossed the weapon to the side as the smell of singed flesh filled the small, dank room.

"A lot to take in, right? The past few days must be crazy for you. Butcher... the rest of the guys... we're all used to it to some degree. Don't get me wrong this is some real fucked up shit you and Butcher have dragged us into, thanks for that by the way, but you've gone from some mind numbing accounting job or whatever-"

"I worked in an electronics store." Hughie interjected as if that was more exciting than being an accountant.

"You sat behind a desk, behind a cash register to be honest Hughie I don't really give a fuck. The important thing I'm trying to get to here however, is I'm trying to figure out if you're okay or not." Hughie looked at you with a blank stare and shrugged before his eyes fell back upon the cage whose victim had just finished groaning. "I get it, you can only feel as good as you can. I've been in your boots though Hughie, almost anyway, and I remember how twisted, how fucked up it made my head. Mother's Milk can make sure you're body stays in top performance, but you're here for the brains. I gotta make sure up here's doing well too, they don't see it but I do, it takes a toll."

~*~

Written by Aaron.