Simon Cooper- Card (a)

The Inbetweeners One Shot

With tears filling your eyes you slowly read through the scriptures that were your first Christmas card from Simon. From within the half-price exterior Simon had taken so much of his time to fill any and all empty space with every reason why he liked you, what you meant to him and everything that he was going to do to try and make your life perfect. Simon sat on the edge of his bed with is hands on his lap and a wide grin that spread across his fresh face from ear to ear.

"Just don't tell Jay I did something so... soppy. I'll never hear the end of it." He laughed you placed the card delicately back into it's envelope and tucked it safely into your backpack. "I didn't really know what to put, so I just kind of put everything. I hope it's alright, I've never really done anything like that before." His smile became nervous.

"It's perfect." He regained his composure. "Hold on... let me just get yours." You leant over the bed and dug your arm deeply into your bag. 'Should I just say I forgot it at home?' You thought to yourself, thinking back to the mere fifteen minutes before leaving for Simon's that you hastily plucked a card from the spare stack that had developed on the kitchen countertop and scribbled down the first thing that came to your mind with a scratchy pen.

"It's okay if you forgot it." He comforted you as your hand danced around the empty chasm of gum wrappers, crumbs and school notebooks.

"No. I have it." You grimaced. "I kind of went for a different vibe than you did. I thought you would go for something funny or... I don't really know. I just didn't expect you to write such a heart-filled, amazing card." You handed over the card with slightly sweated palms and watched with inner pain as he unfurled the loosely stuck edges.
"Aww, a little poem." Simon smiled as he read through the printed verse which would have met the faces of hundreds of thousands of people across the Christmas period. "Roses are red, violet's are blue, merry Christmas bitch, I love you." Simon stared at disbelief at the void of mostly empty beige space.

"I'm sorry, ill do another one I promise."

"No... it's perfect." He gently closed the card and held it against his chest. "Do you really love me?"

~*~

Written by Aaron.