Ragnar Lothbrok- Pillager (a)

Vikings One Shot

"COME ON!" Ragnar bashed the heavyset pommel of his blade into his studded shield. "I said fight me!" He reeled his shield holding arm back and rammed the metal edge of his shield into your stomach, punching the wind from your lungs and knocking you down to the floor.

"I have no intention to learn how to fight Ragnar, I have told you this countless times and I wish you would listen." He outstretched a chapped and calloused hand, only to kick you back down as you leant forward to accept it.

"You want to join my raiding party, to somewhere we have never been, and this I show you act? You do not wish to fight, you do not wish to pillage... as far as I can tell you have no interest in finding yourself a nice woman... please tell me, have you ever been on a raid before?" You pushed yourself from the hard ground and brushed the dirt from your woollen trousers.

"I seek something far greater than all the silver in the world." Ragnar ran his hands over his face, preparing himself to hear what could possibly be better than silver and women. "Knowledge!"

"Odin's beard." He pressed tightly across the bridge of his nose. "You want to journey somewhere we have never journeyed before, and you wish to come back with nothing but... knowledge?"

"Yes Ragnar."

"What knowledge do they have in England that we would not have here?" Ragnar tried slightly to hide his amusement at what he must have presumed was a less than sincere proposal.

"What silver would they have in England that we do not have here?"

"You are pushing it y/n. You are fortunate enough that I even gave you my time, organising my own raiding party under the Earl's pointed nose is keeping me busy enough, never mind pausing to talk to simpletons like you." He slipped his shield under his arm and slid his blade back into its sheath.

"They could have knowledge completely unknown to us. Elixirs, balms and salves... blacksmithing, combat tactics that we would never even think of thinking of. What if they have the design for a boat that could sail the entire world, never mind worrying about crossing a single ocean. Please Ragnar, I promise not to get in your way and I won't try and put my hand in the pillaged goods. I will not lay my hand upon their wares or their women... it will be worth your while." His nostrils flared and his eyes sunk into a deep, thoughtful haze.

"If you make me regret this I will sell you to the English as a slave and don't think I won't."

~*~

Written by Aaron.