Alisha Daniels- Wall (a)

Misfits One Shot

"Wow, you look happy." Alisha shimmied down the wall, giving you some space as you perched next to her. "What's wrong with your face?" Your concern was met with no more than an eyeroll and a scoff. "Well, if you're going to just act like a moody arsehole you can stay moping around, but what I came to tell you was that nobody has seen the probation worker this morning. You don't know if anybody has... you know...?" You dragged your thumb across your neck and stuck your tongue out comically.

"Nah. Does that mean we can go home now?" She asked, bringing a cigarette to her lips.

"They're sending someone else... another victim." You jested much to Alisha's dismay. "Oh for fuck sake please can you just tell me what's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong." She said sternly. "I'm just sick of this community service shit, I just wish it was all over and we could just go back to being normal fucking people. Even the people I've been put with are shit." She loosely swung her arm in your general direction. "I'm bored of picking up shit, scrubbing tacky graffiti off the walls and feeding decrepit old people chicken soup." She flicked her cigarette butt onto the ground. "I'll probably be picking that up later anyway."

"Well the thing is Alisha, if they made community service fun it wouldn't be much of a punishment would it? Ah Miss. Daniels, you left a flaming bag of dog shit on your neighbours door step... would that be paintballing, mini-golf or a five night all expenses paid trip to Ibiza? You stole a car; you didn't appear on Catchphrase." Alisha hopped from the wall and began to storm off.

"If you're trying to cheer me up, you're doing a pretty crap job." You jumped from your perch and quickly caught up beside her. "Can you not take the hint?" She stood firmly in place. "Leave me alone."

"Whether you like it or not Alisha we are stuck here for god knows how long. Probably a hell of a lot longer if you keep stropping off. None of us want to be here, except Simon maybe that little weirdo, so just try to make the most of it. It could be a lot, lot worse. You could have gone to prison for what you did, all of us could have. But some kind, heavenly judges looked at us and decided that instead of a roof over our head, three meals a day and all the books we could read we should instead be slaves to the city. There is fuck all we can do about that so we might as well try to enjoy the freedom."

"Whatever." She scoffed, marching back to the wall to collect her shit filled bucket.

~*~

Written by Aaron.