Dani Clayton- Wrapping (c)

The Haunting of Bly Manor One Shot

"Do you want some tea?" You asked, holding two mugs of the hot drink.

Dani looked up from the table covered in mess and gave you a pitiful nod. When Henry had sent her such a large chunk of money to spend on the two children for Christmas, she was rather excited to offer them an exuberant holiday experience but now that she was sat there on Christmas Eve trying to wrap everything up before they woke up, she regretted how much she had bought.

"What time is it?" She asked before taking a sip of the drink.

You looked at the reverse of your wrist to check the time.

"Half two."

"You should go to bed, there's no point in you being tired tomorrow," she said. "I'm sure they'll both be up in a few hours anyway."

You shrugged your shoulders. You had worked at Bly Manor for a few years and had known the children before their parent's deaths and had seen the changes happen to them. You hoped desperately that this Christmas would be filled with joy for their sake and you knew very well that Dani would make sure that they got to have the best day.

"Last year Hannah and I woke them at nine," you stated. "They are not like your average child, since their parents died, they haven't held as much joy as they once did but I can't blame them."

"I hope that everything will be perfect," Dani said, putting her mug onto the table and continued to roll out wrapping paper to continue wrapping the presents.

You placed a hand onto her shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"I'm sure everything will be perfect," you assured her. "They have been like different children since you set foot here. It will be the best Christmas we have had in a long while. Jamie and Owen will be arriving in the morning even though it's their days off, but we are a family even if we do not share blood."

Like everyone else that worked at the manor house, you had no one else to spend the holidays with but you were glad to have found a family in your colleagues.

"Do you think the children will like their presents?" Dani asked. "Henry just sent over the money, he didn't have any preference or suggestions so I tried to find what I thought would be best for them."

"I'm sure they will love everything. Don't doubt yourself."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.