Anduin Wrynn- Farm Help: Part 3 (a)

World of Warcraft One Shot

With small, trembling hands Landen stood with outstretched arms, his palm cupped and containing a less than precious pile of roughly cut copper coins.

"Go on!" Anduin held your son tightly as the grateful traveller gently took the reward from his hands.

"Thank you!" Landed waved heartily as the freshly trained hunter's apprentice hopped away through your freshly ploughed plot. "Thank you for helping our farm!" It was clear that Landen belonged to the proud house of Stormwind, he shared his father's now mousy blonde hair and his piercing eyes were almost impossible to tell apart from Anduin's, and just like Anduin he held your heart from the moment you laid eyes on him those many moons ago. "Come back soon!"

"I'm so proud of you!" You wrapped your arms tightly around Landen's waist and held him up to the purple sky. "Soon enough you won't need me or Pa, you'll be running this place all by yourself!" It was hard to not tell Landen of his heritage but you and Anduin knew when the time was right it would present itself and it would be easier.

"I don't know about that." Anduin snatched him from your arms and held him closely clutched to his side as he ran up and down the fence that set your farmland from the next, filling what seemed like the entirety of Elywnn from the ornate arches of the Northshire Abbey to the dry air of the Westland with joyous carefree laughter.

"I can't wait to go up to the castle!" Landen swayed from side to side as he struggled to regain his balance from his father's antics. The powerful silhouette of Stormwind City was impossible to miss against the otherwise quite barren skyline, Landen had begged to walk the streets, go fishing in the canal and see a real life auction take place but Anduin was always dubious, worried that if people knew he was a child of the royal Wrynn family it would put him in unnecessary danger.

"Only a few more sleeps!" Anduin smiled nervously, even through your persevering assurance he still wasn't able to decide if he would be joining you on your trip to the big city. He could try to avoid his duties as best as possible but there was always a decision that needed real royal approval, and somebody would always come knocking trying to find him. "Come on, it's bedtime, I'm sure there'll be more helpers to pay gratitude to tomorrow."

~*~

Written by Aaron.