Simon Bellamy- Hurt (a)

Misfits One Shot

Simon winced as you dabbed the alcohol-soaked cotton pad across the large graze that adorned his back, each time you brought the pad up and down over his torn skin his back tensed and flexed.

"How did you do this one?" You put the unused pads and bottle of alcohol back into the first aid box that hung from the wall of Simon's lair and grabbed a pack of large adhesive bandages.

"I was trying to chase a mugger so that I could get an old lady her purse back, he hopped over a rooftop and I just lost my footing, slid and ended up falling from the rooftop. I'm not too sure how I fell, I will have to review my choice of footwear, maybe choose something with a bit more grip."

"Or" you placed the large pad over his back and smoothed out the woven fabric. "you can stop trying to be a superhero and then you wont end up constantly hurting yourself."

"Don't worry, I know that I will be okay in the end, these little cuts, bruises and grazes are all just a part of the process, they are all happen only because they have to. It was worth it in the end though." Simon reached deeply into his pocket and withdrew a long, flower patterned light pink and baby blue purse. "I couldn't find her but I figured if I brought it back and had a look through I would come across some form of ID or something that would lead me to her."

"Don't worry about that." You softly took the purse from his hand and pulled a white vest over Simon's torso. "I'll figure out who this belongs to, there'll be a driving license or something. You just stay here and focus on making sure you're fully rested before going out and saving the world."

"I'm fine honestly." He clutched his side as he stood, the pain almost brought him to tears.

"You look fine, no really, I have always noticed that you could barely stand up without crying and that you had bruises covering most of your body."

"The quicker I'm back out there training and helping people the faster I'll recover."

"Or the faster you'll end up being scraped off a pavement after you've fell off a tower block. Lie down, I'll bring you some food and if I find out you have so much as stuck your big toe out of this room I will beat your ass myself."

~*~

Written by Aaron.