Brian O'Conner- Family (h)

Fast and Furious One Shot

It seemed pretty standard that being introduced to the family of your partner was a big step, it seemed like a big deal and you would always want to make a good impression.

Since you'd met Brian, he had told you he didn't have any blood relatives around, but he had his family and that was good enough for you.

You'd only been going out for a couple of months or so but apparently one of Brian's friends had been pestering him to bring you around and so he did.

Of course, you'd been nervous, meeting the people that were clearly so important to Brian wasn't exactly a calming thought.

"You okay?" Brian questioned when he picked you up.

You shrugged. "A little nervous."

His brow furrowed in confusion as he placed a hand on your thigh. "Why would you be nervous?"

Laughing you rolled your eyes. "Why wouldn't I be nervous?" you shot his question back at him. "They're your family Bri, I want them to like me because you're important to me and I love you."

You rambled out your answer to Brian but then stopped short when you realised what you'd said last.

"I-I mean-"

Brian chuckled but rubbed the pad of his thumb on your jean covered thigh. "I love you too Baby."

You smiled at his words, realising that your feelings were returned despite not having been together for that long.

Brian leant over the console to quickly kiss your cheek before he drove off.

The two of you sat in relative silence for the drive, you were trying to keep the incessant smile off of your face that was a result of what the two of you had just admitted to each other.

And yet it seemed so casual, so normal – as if the two of you had said it to each other a million times before.

In a weird way that comforted you, you didn't want to make a big deal out of it you just wanted him to know how you felt.

"So, you love me huh?" Brian asked with a laugh as he shifted gear.

You rolled your eyes but smiled at him, nonetheless. "You know I do," you responded. "Don't let it go to your head."

He laughed again and his smile reached his eyes. "But a beautiful girl told me she loved me; how can it not go to my head?"

You pushed at his bicep in an attempt to get him to stop teasing. "Well you know now."

Your boyfriend smiled over at you, resting his hand on your thigh again when he stopped at a red light.

He looked as you smiled back at him before gazing out of the window, his heart warmed when you placed your hand on top of his and just like you, he was trying to keep the infectious and giddy smile off of his face.

What you two had, it was that kind of love that just worked.

~*~

Written by Hannah.