Lagertha- Fight (a)

Vikings One Shot

The almost impossibly sharp blade flew past your face, and dug itself deeply into the traitor's chest. Lagertha shrugged her shoulders in a cocky waltz as she quickly retrieved her axe from the invader she had just removed the entrails from.

"You should be more careful of your surroundings." She scoffed, her eyes darkened with war paint and her hair dirtied hair coiled in tight braids over her head like woven snakes. "We do not have the fighters for you to be parading around and not paying attention." Almost as soon as she had pried the blade from the sternum of her victim she brought it thundering down on the shoulder of another attacker, severing the arm from the torso almost completely.

"Thank you Queen Lagertha." She wiped the sticky blood from her hands and quickly charged back into the centre of the battle with you loyally at her side. An almighty thud crashed against your shield and send shivers down your arm as the hammer of a member of Ivar's forces smashed a hefty hammer against it, you did not fall, you regained your balance and pierced his stomach with your sword. He fell to the ground with bliss in his eyes at the thought of Valhalla upon him, without a glimpse of care Lagertha separated his head from his shoulders.

"I need you to make me a promise." She regained what little breath she could in the little breathing space that she had. "If you come face to face with that little cripple bastard."

"Yes Lagertha, anything."

"Promise me that you will make his death slow... slow and painful." You saw the anger, pain and will in her eyes. "Promise me you will not give him the joy of a quick end." Quickly you and her became encircled again by the betrayers footmen.

"I promise." Lagertha pushed her back against yours in a defensive manoeuvre as the bloodthirsty Vikings stepped closer and closer. "Although I do not know if we are going to make it that far." You both swung your weapons out in a wide arc, keeping the attackers at bay. The furled, snarling lips of your would be killers curled into a tight smile as they heard the patter of a horses step quickly approaching.

"It is Ivar." Lagertha's voice fell into a deathly quiet and sombre rasp. "It was enjoyable fighting by your side y/n."

"Your's too my queen, yours too."

~*~

Written by Aaron.