Jack Hodgins- Lady (h)

Bones One Shot

Even though you hadn't been with Jack long, there was something telling you that he was the one. Granted you couldn't describe why, you couldn't even begin to explain it, but you felt it.

Despite that, and the amount of time you'd been with Jack, you were yet to actually go on for drinks with his colleagues – yes, you'd met them in passing but never had the chance to sit and talk to any of them.

"Come on," you pleaded with him on the phone, whilst he was on his lunch break. "Just suggest it to them, what's the worst that can happen?

You heard him sigh through the phone. "Babe you know we're in the middle of a case."

"Exactly!" you exclaimed. "It's just what you all need to chill out a bit."

When he sighed for the second time you knew you'd broken him, and so a time was set for you to meet everyone at their favourite bar after work.

You ended up being a bit late to the bar, but you smiled when you spotted them all in the window once you got out of your cab.

Jack didn't notice you, so you managed to sneak up behind him at the bar and wrap your arms around his waist.

He chuckled as he looked down and saw your ring, before he took your hands and pulled you round to his side.

"Well, hello there," he greeted leaning down to kiss you.

You smiled into the kiss. "Fancy bumping into you here."

He chuckled again but quickly ordered you both drinks. "I think you were right; you know."

"Since when does that come out of your mouth?" you joked.

He nodded his head over to where his friends were all laughing. "They needed this, and even more surprisingly Dr Brennan actually looks like she's enjoying herself."

Your eyes went over to where Temperance was stood with her arm around Booth's middle, the two of them clearly enjoying the company around them.

"Even she needs some down time babe," you reminded him. "Come on."

Tugging his arm, the two of you re-joined his group and you were greeted with hugs all around. "I heard this was your idea Y/N?" Cam questioned.

"It was," you confirmed with a nod of your head. "I realised I'd never really had a chance to talk to you all outside of the Jeffersonian."

Temperance nodded, seeming pleased with your explanation. "Well extracurricular meetings outside of the workplace are often encourage to support interpersonal relationships."

You smiled at her. "Well, I'm glad to be of help," you told her. "In all honesty I just wanted a chance to get Jack out of his lab."

Jack scoffed but wrapped his arm around you, nonetheless. "What can I say? What my lady asks for she gets."

~*~

Written by Hannah.