Nikki- Teleport (c)

Misfits One Shot

"Oh Fuck!"

You jumped at the familiar voice behind you. Turning around, you saw Nikki stood there, not looking too impressed.

Up until then, you had been in your home office, getting some work done before you had to head back to actual work tomorrow when your girlfriend appeared in the room. You didn't live together, nor had she been in your flat up until swearing behind you, but it wasn't the oddest thing for her to just appear behind you without needing to enter the door. Since her heart transplant, she had developed the power to teleport but sadly, she hadn't managed to learn how to control it very well. Sometimes she would teleport without meaning to and it would just end up with an inconvenience for her rather than being a cool power she could use to save travel time.

"You scared the shit out of me," you said, playfully clutching your heart due to the shock of her randomly appearing in your room.

"This bloody power is getting on my tits," she huffed. "I was getting changed and I thought about calling you to ask if you wanted to go out for dinner and ended up here."

You looked her up and down and noticed her blouse clashing with the obnoxiously patterned pyjama shorts that wouldn't be paired together normally.

"It should get easier with time," you said softly. "It might seem impossible now but with time, you should learn how to control it better. We all sucked at using our powers at first and I guess I wouldn't call any of us great at using them now, but it has gotten easier."

Nikki moved to perch on the edge of your desk. "I don't know how to live like this. Whenever I actually want to teleport, I can't but then I think about someone or something and end up there without wanting to."

You held her hand sympathetically. It was inconvenient for her to keep randomly teleporting but there wasn't much that could be done until she found a way to control it, if she could learn how to control it, that is.

"Well I'm glad to see you either way and we definitely can go out for dinner tonight. You can hang out here until later if you want or I can drive you home so you can get some bottoms on," you smiled softly.

"If you wouldn't mind," she sighed. "I don't think anywhere will take me for a sit-down meal when I'm only half dressed."

You nodded your head and rose from your chair. It may not have been part of your plans for the day but it was the least you could do to try and assist adapting her life to her new powers.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.