Kit Walker- Asylum (c)

American Horror Story: Asylum One Shot

It felt as though you had taken life for granted before you ended up at Briarcliff Manor. Life may have been hard but now you were being help captive. Even if you weren't technically insane when you entered the asylum, you were going to be soon enough. You had lost all control of your life and no matter how often the nuns assured you that you were going to be able to get out of the asylum soon, you doubted that fact. No one seemed to get out of Briarcliff, not unless they had people fighting for them on the outside, but you had no one. You'd likely stay there forever or be killed trying to escape.

It was a fate that you hadn't come to terms with yet.

You sat in the corner of the common room, trying to not let your fear be shown. You tried to behave yourself and prove you weren't meant to be there, but no one really cared if you were meant to be there. It was an impossible life to live and you were going to try and be a fighter but with your life in the hands of people who didn't care, you didn't know what you were meant to do. Everything was becoming overwhelming and you tried to keep it inside, but you felt your tears escaping you.

"Hey, hey, I'm here," you heard a gentle tone say as an arm looped around your shoulders.

You looked up and saw one of your only friends within the asylum sat beside you. Kit had wrapped his arm around you and was trying to comfort you out of the little breakdown that you were falling into.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I'm never going to get out of here," you croaked, trying to keep your tears inside.

"You will soon enough," he whispered. "You just need to believe in yourself and keep calm. If they see you like this, they are going to think you belong here. I overheard some of the nuns talking and most of them don't believe that you belong here."

"You don't belong here either," you assured him.

He shrugged his shoulders. "They think I'm a killer. They have nothing on you. It's only a matter of time before they have to let you go."

You nodded your head. You didn't believe Kit, you didn't believe that you were going to get out of the asylum soon but you needed to try and believe in it.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.