Brynjolf- Proposal (c)

Skyrim One Shot

It had been a few months since you had last been to Riften and The Ragged Flagon, meaning it had been a few months since you had last seen your boyfriend Brynjolf. You travelled across Skyrim often as the Dragonborn, trying to do your best for the people and help return the land to the long-forgotten peace. It did put a strain on your relationship with you being away from home so often, but you knew your love was strong and would be able to prevail through any distance and time.

As soon as you back within the walls of Riften, you headed down to The Ratways, to check in with the thieves guild and find the man you loved. You handed over the jewelled goblet in exchange for septims from Vex, having offered to complete a burglary for her whilst on your travels across the land. With that over and sharing general chit chat with your fellow thieves, you headed into the cistern to find Brynjolf. You found him in the training room and although you tried to sneak up on him, he was able to grab your wrist as he spun around to find you.

"You're early," he smiled fondly. "You said you wouldn't be back for weeks longer."

"I finished my business early," you shrugged.

You leaned in to kiss him softly, before pulling away both with warm smiles on your face.

"I am very glad, I have something of great urgency to talk to you about," he whispered.

One of your eyebrows cocked at him. Rarely was there anything urgent or important discussed between you past work and your adventures. The time you had together was few and far between, there were far more pressing things you could do rather than talk.

"I have been wanting to ask you something for the longest time but whenever you are back in Riften, we barely have time together, but you need to give me a moment to finally ask this," he said firmly.

You paused, gesturing for him to continue. You did feel bad for leaving him for so long, but you were trying to make up for it where you could.

Brynjolf let out a sigh before he fell down onto one knee, pulling out a small slightly tarnished golden ring to you.

"Even if you are away from home so often, I couldn't love you more than I do currently. You mean the world to me and I want to prove that to you and forever be connected to you in marriage. Please Y/N will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?"

You couldn't help the cheesy grin that curled on your face as you leant down to cup his cheeks and pull him into a passionate kiss.

"Of course I want to marry you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.