Alisha Daniels- Clothes (a)

Misfits One Shot

"What's the point in even buying more clothes? We spend most of our day in those tattered jumpsuits and by the time we finish our community service most of this stuff will be out of season anyway." Alisha ran her hands through the racks of nice clothes that she wishes she could spend her day in even if she were still picking up dog shit and scrubbing racial slurs and swastikas off the walls of the community centre. Her hand reached into the rack and pulled out a knee-length, baby blue summer dress that had small white polka dots densely splattered across it. "By the time we finish summer will be far from over."

"I'm not here just to look for normal clothes to wear under my jumpsuit, I'm looking for something special for Simon, something we might have to go the back of the shop for." A coy smile spread across her lips as she put back the dress back on the rack amongst the other discounted items. "I want to blow his fucking mind." You wove through the aisles and flocks of people to the more... sensual items tucked away at the back of the store, hidden away from the prying eyes of children and hormone filled, horny teenagers.

"That shouldn't be too hard though should it?"

"Don't be mean." She hit your side jokingly but harder than she had intended to. "I'm sorry. I know you're just joking, and I know you wouldn't say it to him. I'm just sick of everyone taking the piss out of him constantly, and by everyone I of course mean Nathan. People just see the weird, the loner kid who sits at the back of the class and mumbles to himself. If people just got to know him though they would get a chance to see how sweet he is, how smart and how funny he can be. All the little things he does for us but we never pay attention to. Sure he's got a murder or two under him but at this point which of us hasn't either killed someone or been involved in it?"

"I see it, Nathan's just a prick and I don't think the rest of them care enough to pay him any attention. It'll all be worth it for him though when the two of you lock yourselves in a stinky toilet stall and you unzip your jumpsuit with one of these bad boys underneath."

~*~

Written by Aaron.