Rebecca Sutter- Date (c)

How To Get Away With Murder One Shot

When you had asked Rebecca on a date, you didn't know what to expect. She seemed like a nice girl, but you didn't know too much about her, so you looked forward to the date to get to know her better. You arranged for the date to be at a local restaurant that she had said seemed nice, so you arrived a few minutes early outside and waited eagerly. At first you didn't notice that the woman approaching you was Rebecca but as she got close enough you realised it was your date.

"Hi," she smiled a little awkwardly, clearly a little nervous but tried her best to keep it very deep down.

"Hey," you smiled in response, pressing your lips to her cheek as you pulled her into a hug. "You look different. A good different but very different to what I'm used to from you."

She shrugged her shoulders, wrapping her arms around her middle. You were used to her dark hair in tight braids at the top and piercings wherever she could get them; since you had known her, you hadn't seen her wear anything that wasn't monotone but today she seemed to change it all. Her hair was down, reaching her mid back whilst everything but her simple earrings were removed along with her normally dark makeup. Instead of her mainly black attire, she wore a pastel pink dress that you were surprised that she would own.

"I thought I'd try something new," she said. "I don't normally put any effort in for dates but I'm trying to not be as weak and useless as I normally am."

You shook your head at her. "You aren't weak or useless. You've been through a lot of stuff, no one can blame you for being apprehensive. Frankly I admire the fact that you have been through so much yet are still so strong."

A weak smile appeared on her face. She looked down trying to avoid eye contact but after a moment or two, she looked up glad to see you still holding the soft and approachable expression.

"No one is ever that nice to me," she admitted. "They'd rather judge my situation and make me feel like crap."

"You've not been around the right people. You've been through more than most, I can't understand how that feels but I can be there to support who you are now."

She nodded her head. "Thank you for that."

"Shall we go in?" You offered, gesturing to the restaurant.

"I would love to."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.