Neil Sutherland- Results (a)

The Inbetweeners One Shot

"Everyone told me that doing sport would be well easy." Neil tossed the already crumpled results envelope onto his cluttered floor and lay motionless with his Manchester united adorned pillow pressed tightly against his face. "Now what am I supposed to do?" His muffled voice fell through the meshy cloth.

"Well how did you do in the rest of them?" You asked, trying your best to pull the pillow out of his talon like grip.

"Worse than sports." He said hopelessly. "I'm going to have to get a well boring job like an accountant or something."

"How did you do in maths?"

"Fucking failed it obviously." He said pulling his pillow from his face and throwing it against the wall with some form of minimal anger and picking his results from the floor, just in case they had miraculously all turned into an A, or at least a passing grade.

"Well I wouldn't worry about turning into an accountant then." You shrugged, trying to add some hope to the situation. "Don't let it get you down though, there's nothing you can do about them now. Might as well just look to the future with at least a shred of positivity." Your attempt at an inspiring speech did nothing to help as he stared blankly and sadly at the ceiling. "Come on Neil, I hate seeing you so glum."

"Nothing to be happy about." He shrugged.

"How can I get you to smile?" You pleaded, having a pretty good idea of the kind of thing he was going to come out with. Again though, he just shrugged you away. "Please Neil... I like your laugh; I miss your laugh! I haven't heard it since you picked up that dumb envelope."

"I don't know." He finally sat up on his bed and rested his sunken back against the poster embellished wall. "Can you change my results?" He solemnly faked a half smile.

"If I could, I would. But to be honest I don't think a hundred remarks could get you past an F."

"I forgot to write my name on one of them. It was only English though, out of all of them it was probably the least important one. My dad's going to kill me. He asked me how I did, I told him I got all C. I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to break the actual results to him. I think he's got gran coming up for a surprise celebration. That'll be a joy."

~*~

Written by Aaron.

Tumblr Request.