Jamie Taylor- Morning (c)

The Haunting of Bly Manor One Shot

The morning light was barely coming through curtains when you felt the mattress stir, bringing you to consciousness. You peered through the early morning light to see Jamie sat on the edge of the bed with her legs hanging over the edge.

The clock barely read half four but that was a normal time for Jamie to be waking up to head to work. She yawned, stretching her arms up high above her mess of curly brown hair as she tried to get herself mentally ready for getting ready. She loved her job as a gardener at Bly Manor, but it sometimes still became a hardship to leave the comfort and warmth of her bed and home.

"Jamie," you whispered, your throat dry from a night's sleep.

"Did I wake you?" She asked, looking over her shoulder to see you still lying in bed.

Rarely did you wake up to her getting up in the morning although you did enjoy seeing her before she headed out.

"Please come back to bed," you said, patting her pillow where her head belonged.

She offered you a smile but shook her head. "I can't Y/N/N, I've got to work."

"Just five minutes," you pouted.

You were desperate to get back to sleep for the couple more hours that you could rest before you would need to work but you'd rather miss your sleep to get to spend a moment in Jamie's arms.

"I'll be late."

"I don't think that the plants will mind if you get there on time."

Jamie chuckled, crawling back under the covers to get to your side. Her oversized plaid shirt rode up allowing your skin to make contact as your hands trailed onto her waist so that she couldn't escape until your short morning cuddles would be done.

"It's nice to get to see you before work," she smiled. "Although I wouldn't make you get up at this time just so I can see your beautiful smile."

Your cheeks flushed. "I don't mind. Just a quick morning kiss and an I love you is always welcome even if it's a stupid time in the morning."

She took that as a hint and leaned in to press her lips to yours, neither of you caring that you both hadn't brushed your teeth and had terrible morning breath.

"Well I do love you," she said, brushing your bed head from your face. "But I do need to get dressed."

"I love you too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.