Caroline Channing- Auction (a)

2 Broke Girls One Shot

"Oh my god, Caroline?" You spoke quietly, making sure that the leeches that waited desperately for the Channing's loved possessions to be auctioned off at a discounted price couldn't hear you. If they knew that the Caroline Channing was here the swarm would not take long to form. "What are you doing here?" She tried to hide under her shawl but quickly realised you weren't like the rest of her old friends who would either banish her from their life or try to talk to her just for a quick story to sell to people magazine.

"I'm just here to see what's going on." She whispered quickly. "Don't draw any attention to me, if anybody knows I'm here they'll go nuts!"

"Don't worry, I'll make sure nobody sees you. I don't really think they would notice to be honest, they're too busy eyeing up your life." With Caroline using you as a human shield, you began to walk through the auction.

"Tell me about it. What are you doing here anyway?"

"My father just brought a property in Switzerland, he thought maybe I could take some of the responsibility and come and pick out a little bit of the furniture... I was planning on just spending the day away from my parents though, I wasn't actually going to buy anything." Caroline stopped and gazed with a bitter sweetness across a table with her childhood wardrobe laid out. "At least they aren't clothes that you could wear now."

"I'm pretty desperate, given the chance I think I could still squeeze into some of these. I guarantee I could before everything happened, being poor is not good for the hips."

"Is it really that bad for you?" She just nodded sadly and tried her best to keep her composure.

"If it wasn't for my friend Max, I would have been sleeping on the street and begging for change. I still have it better than a lot of people, I have a roof over my head and what some people would call food. Trying to stay positive helps."

"Well I already said, I didn't intent on spending the money I was given here. Why don't you pick a few things out and I'll bid on them for you?" She smiled with hope, but it quickly faded and only protest came from her mouth. "No, please, I insist. A small slice of your old walk-in, a few little trinkets from vacations. I'm sure it won't be too expensive, and I want too, you've always been a good friend to me."

"Okay, but I don't want charity. Once I am back on my feet I'll pay you back, I promise."

~*~

Written by Aaron.