Jesse Pinkman- Drop (a)

Breaking Bad One Shot

Small white particulates swirled around the room as Jesse scooped heaped spoons of flour and dumped them into the small clear bags. He finished up the small handful of baggies and brushed the rest of the powder from the countertop and onto the floor.

"Right!" Jesse shoved the bags into your arms and stepped backwards. "This is your product. How are you going to get that to me without anybody seeing?" You stuffed your hoodie pockets with the fake product and tucked one small bag tightly in the palm of your hand. "Wrong." Jesse scoffed before you could even make your move.

"What was wrong with it exactly?"

"Let me guess." He snatched the bag from your cupped hand. "That is how you see the people in the films do it?" You shrugged. "Well the secret is, unless you absolutely have to..." Jesse slyly dropped the packet into an open kitchen drawer, closed it with his hip and walked away with hands in his pockets. He leant casually against the archway wall that separated your kitchen from the living area and subtly nodded to the closed drawer. "You don't give it to the person at all. It's called a dead drop. You leave the package; they leave the money."

"And there you were saying you were just a small time; I knew it was deeper. Tell me again." He pushed himself from the wall and retrieved the bag with a coy smile on his face. "Don't look at me like I'm stupid. I don't want to fuck this up and get the whole crew locked behind bars."

"I've been doing shit like this for years." He twiddled the bag between his fingers. "Come close a few times but you know me, I always come out on top." He tossed the bag through the air and into your hands. Now come on, focus. You just walk past, drop it in the bush, the bin, the fucking sewers I don't care, the customers are always methheads who knows where they'll want it. The point is just make it look natural. Maybe you're looking for something you dropped, maybe you don't even acknowledge it and keep on walking."

"What if somebody else takes it before they do?" Jesse smirked as his phone buzzed loudly in his trouser pocket.

"I've never had a client be late, believe me they don't hang around. You can be as sly as you want but there's nothing you can do about the person diving into the bin that you've just walked past." He pulled out his phone and the phone lit up at the same time as his eyes. "Well what do you know. Put the fake shit away, you've got a drop to make."

~*~

Written by Aaron.

Tumblr Request.