Jasper Jordan- Cuddle (c)

The 100 One Shot

Being a delinquent and sent back to what was assumed as an inhabitable earth, you were far from mentally stable or feeling comfortable with anything that was going on. No one was exactly thriving on Earth, some were excited to have freedom, others were trying to create a community where you could all live, you on the other hand were still trying to wrap your head around everything that was going on.

You did your best to help out around camp, help setting up tents, finding food and forming a safe environment for you all to live in, away from the adults that once controlled your lives but now waited for the truth of the world down below. The only thing that kept your sanity was that your boyfriend, Jasper, was there with you and doing his best to keep a smile on your face and make your feel as though life was somewhat normal.

The two of you shared one of the many makeshift tents that had been constructed for your group of survivors, so that was the sanctuary you sought from the dangers and confusion of the rest of the world. It was a world of unknown and weirdness, so sometimes you needed to hide away in the unpleasant tent and just snuggle down with the person you loved.

Jasper had noticed how uneasy you had been about the day and dragged you back to the place that you called bed so that you could cuddle and pretend that life wasn't practically a living hell. You knew that cuddling the day away wasn't going to make anything better or easier, but it gave you a chance to slow the racing thoughts in your head and offer you a chance to find some form of sanity in a whole lot of crazy.

"We can try to find some fun in the unknown," Jasper smiled. "It'll never be boring if we never know what is going to happen."

You furrowed your brows at him. "I liked having some order to life, now I don't even know what else is living a few feet away from me. We have learnt so much about what the Earth was like, but we have no idea what it is like right now."

"And that could be the best thing about it," he shrugged. "We get to have an adventure every single day and see the world for what it is, whilst they're all still up on the ark and don't know anything about it."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.