Tommy Shelby- Hot Chocolate (c)

Peaky Blinders One Shot

When you first started working at The Garrison, you never imagined that you would become fond of the highly esteemed patron, Tommy Shelby. He had little kindness for anyone but the small amount that he held in his heart did find a way towards you whenever he was at your place of work. You knew it was a wasteful thought to consider it a personal interest, but it was hard to not think fondly of a man that kept his kindness for you alone.

Harry had left you in the pub after closing to finish tidying up and close up before everything would start over again. Knowing you would be back working in only a few hours, you turned a blind eye to the alcohol and made yourself a mug of hot chocolate, letting it help fight the bitter winter whilst you worked. Your work wouldn't last long before the doors to the pub opened.

"We're closed," you called out as you continued to clean the bar.

You looked up and saw Tommy Shelby stood there in the doorway.

"My apologies, Mr Shelby," you said, your heart jumping into your throat, partially due to your interest in him but also in fear that he would be in a foul mood and react badly to you saying the pub was closed.

He simply nodded his head at you as he made his way over to take a seat at the bar.

"Would you like anything?" You asked.

"The usual," he stated.

"It's the wee hours of the morning," you responded. "Do you really need more alcohol?"

"What else would you recommend?" He questioned, cocking an eyebrow at you, not expecting you to talk so freely with him.

You shrugged your shoulders, not certain what you were originally planning to say to him. Trying to think fast, you raised your mug.

"A hot chocolate," you offered. "Maybe it would put a smile upon your face."

To your surprise, he did smile at you; it was weak and barely there, but it was hard to deny that it was a smile.

"Why would I come into a pub for a hot chocolate?" He asked.

"Why would you come into a pub when you know that only the barmaid will be there and is planning to close up?" You responded. "They're all valid questions."

He paused, the smile growing slightly.

"I guess I'll take that hot chocolate then."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.