Temperance Brennan- Stay (h)

Bones One Shot

In hindsight you should have realised that Temperance was a workaholic and that her being in a relationship wasn't going to change that.

You also should have realised that moving in together doesn't prevent her from working late into the night, not at all, it simply keeps you up to with the tapping of her keyboard and her constant phone calls to Booth, Hodgins or Angela.

It was fair to say that you felt bad for them all because they had Temperance ringing them at god knows what hour of the night and she usually expected them to be fully coherent despite having been woken up out of the blue.

So, the fact that Temperance was currently tapping away at her keyboard for the third night in a row at 2am was no surprise to you.

"Love?" you called out as you got out of bed.

Temperance turned to you from the table and you could tell she was tired.

"Why aren't you in bed?" you quizzed as you sat down on the chair next to her.

She sighed. "I am just trying to figure this one out, if I can research it more, I can get there."

You shook your head. "You know just as well as I do that a tired brain does not promote productivity," you echoed her words to Jack earlier that week.

She shot you a look, but you just shrugged in response.

"You can't argue with your own logic Love, it just doesn't work."

She sighed again so you closed the lid of her laptop and knelt down next to her chair.

"Please just come and get some sleep?" you asked gently. "You know this isn't good for you – the chair will hurt your back, the screen will hurt your eyes, the constant typing will most likely strain you somehow and-"

"Okay!" Temperance cut you off to agree knowing you wouldn't stop talking otherwise.

You laughed and then stood up to hold your hand out to her. "This means that you can't get up again in an hour claiming you 'just need to figure one thing out' because I know you."

She rolled her eyes but took your hand, anyway, smiling whilst she did so.

You practically dragged her to your room and Temperance just continued to smile at the back of your head.

She had never imagined that she'd find someone so understanding of her job but also so caring of her when she got into her head too much – which she was fully aware of.

And as she climbed into bed next to you all she could think of was how long she could convince you to stay around for.

~*~

Written by Hannah.