Max Black- Walk In (a)

2 Broke Girls One Shot

"TV?" You enthused. "Like... real tv, not those other entertainment segments that you've done?" Max chuckled proudly over the seeded buns as she counted them and assured you that it was a quick section on the local news and that there would be nothing of that sort going on.

"Not unless theirs a nice bonus." She jested. "I can't believe you would see me in such disregard as to do something like that... again. I just need to finish up this quick stock count and then me and Caroline can leave early so we can get ready."

"How did you even get something like that? And at such short notice too!"

"They were supposed to be doing something about some dumb dog or whatever, but it ate something bad and now they're scared it's going to vom all over the set. What a dumbass! The news anchor is an old friend of Caroline's who didn't hate her after her dad stole everybody's money." There was a smile on Max's face like you had never seen before, and you knew it wasn't because she finished writing up the browning lettuces. "Are you sure you're going to be okay just with you and Oleg? I told Han I would stay longer but we're cutting it real fine already, especially with how long it takes Caroline to get ready."

You were so excited and happy for Max and Caroline that you would happily run the entire diner by yourself if it meant they for their big break, so you made sure she knew it was absolutely fine.

"You finish up in here, I'll go and start seeing if we need anymore stuff out front." With your hands full of veggies for Oleg to prep you slowly crept to the door of the walk-in, reached out your hand carefully as to not drop any of the produce and pressed firmly on the stiff door handle. You tried again and again but the door didn't seem to budge. "Hey Max, can you just grab this door?"

"Yeah, sure." She slid past and pressed even harder on the handle. "That's weird, it won't budge." Her voice turned more and more panicked as she battled against the cold metal. She barged her shoulder into the door but still no results. "I know it puts up a fight, but this has never happened before. You hold the handle down, and I'll get a run up." With three large paces back, Max took her position and ran towards the door, just before the third step the door swung open and Max flew through and onto the greasy floor, narrowly missing the feet of a joyfully postured Oleg.

"Sorry Max, just messing with you." Oleg was very lucky Max was in a rush and all of the knives were out of her reach.

~*~

written by Aaron.