Caroline Channing- Money (a)

2 Broke Girls One Shot

A very familiar and irritating voice caught your attention, dragging your eyes from the tag of the designer kitten heel and up to the source of the disturbance.

"Caroline?" You asked, putting on your best fake excited voice and forcing yourself to outstretch your arms for a hug. "Oh my god... how long has it been since we've last seen each other! It must have been... a good few years ago now?" You knew exactly when you last saw her, and she knew too. It was not all that long ago when your hands met over a red-soled boot and the argument began.

"Yeah oh my god... y/n... how lovely to see you here." She sneered through gritted teeth, being part of New York's finest of course you both could put on a farse and pretend like the person in front of you was your best friend in the whole world, but even this was a struggle to remain civil.

"What are you doing here Caroline?" You smirked. "I thought a designer store like this would be slightly out of your budget since you know, you became poor." You nonchalantly gazed upon the hefty price tag of the heel and popped them carelessly into your basket.

"No, I'm doing fine thank you." Her brows furrowed but her smile grew wider and faker. "I just came to check if they had any deals on, I need to start rebuilding my wardrobe at some point."

"Maybe best to look at that when you aren't surviving on greasy money and petty tips, hmm?"

"I will have you know, me and my friend Max are doing very well for ourselves. We've started a business and not that you would care or know about working hard for your money, but it is off to a flying start." She picked an ensemble from the discounted rack of last years items and looked in disgust at the price tag yet her hubris kept her from putting it back.

"Oh, I see, off to such a flying start that you've presumably taken the public transport to merely come into the store and look, maybe the smell of clothes that have never been worn before will jog your memory a little."

"Why don't you just mind your own business y/n, If I want to just come here and look, you know what, I can."

"Oh Caroline, apart from the small fortune that has trickled down the drain you really haven't changed have you. I might never get another chance to say this so I'll take the chance whilst I can. Caroline, you broke ass bitch."

~*~

Written by Aaron.

Tumblr Request.