Piper Wright- Stimpaks (c)

Fallout 4 One Shot

Every night you dreamed of the life you could have had if nuclear war hadn't turned Earth into a complete shithole. You hoped desperately that a miracle would happen and you would be able to live the life you only knew from books and pictures of the past but you doubted anything like that would happen. Without a chance for any pleasantness in your life due to the ghouls and limited resources to say the least, you needed to make the most of it and try to travel across the wasteland to find supplies when the ones in Diamond City were starting to fall short and you needed to fend for yourself.

You and your girlfriend Piper had travelled for quite a while to find somewhere with a hope of supplies still being available. You picked a random abandoned building and begun to scour it but other than the few ghouls that had inhabited it, there was pretty much nothing inside. Together you found an old office that had been turned into someone's living quarters at some point due to the bed roll on the floor and began to look through everything you could to hope there was something there.

Piper started on one side of the room whilst you went through the other. You opened cupboards, one by one and nothing was left in there other than some useless paperwork and some empty packets of food that was meaning that your search was coming off as rather futile.

"Thank heavens!" Piper exclaimed.

The loud voice made you jump, forcing you to hit your head against the top of the cupboard as you made your way back out of it.

"What?" You asked as you rubbed the top of your head.

"Stimpaks," she grinned holding up a first aid kit filled with the medical supply that was a constant necessity to everyone's lives in the Commonwealth.

"Where'd you find those?" you questioned.

Piper pointed to just in front of where she was kneeling, revealing the removed floor panel that showed a small hidden space where the first aid kit had been hidden and likely forgotten about.

"I thought we'd be heading back empty handed. We won't need this many but at least it will be something to sell to get a good few caps. But hopefully if they hid those, they might have hidden some other bits elsewhere," you said.

She nodded your head. "Anything will help us make some caps and help out the paper."

The two of you continued on searching for loose floor panels and even looking in the ceilings, ready to find another bounty.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.