Owen Sharma- Injury (c)

The Haunting of Bly Manor One Shot

You had never cooked before. It wasn't something you were overly proud of as an adult that you had never cooked anything but you had done a good job at avoiding the topic in conversation, letting no one else know how incompetent you were in the kitchen. You could just about make noodles or a microwave meal but anything that involved an oven and any form of attention, you pretty much sucked at it.

Luckily for you, you worked in Bly Manor as a maid and there was a cook who took charge of all of your meals and meant the only time you needed to touch an oven was to clean it; unluckily you fell in love with him and he quickly learnt of how useless you were in a kitchen.

Owen's cooking was an art that you wished you could mimic but you were pretty sure you could burn cereal. He decided that it was important for you to learn to feed yourself but also thought it would be a bonding moment for you to cook together. He picked a recipe that he thought was simple enough for you to learn but would still taste good enough to encourage you to pursue the culinary arts.

He handed you a knife and several potatoes and told you to start peeling them whilst he begun to prepare the meat for the dish, talking you through the process. You had never peeled a potato before and even though Owen had demonstrated it to you, you were rather lost on the process. Doing your best, you tried to peel the skin from the potato but with the first cut you lost your grip on the potato and ended up slicing through your own skin.

You let out a wail, gaining the attention of your boyfriend. He rushed to your side, noticed the blood and grabbed hold of your hand to press the tea towel onto it.

"Are you okay?" He asked you, keeping pressure on the cut.

You nodded your head, trying your best to not cry. "Why did you make me do the hard part?"

"That's the easy part," he admitted.

If the pain wasn't so intense, you would have questioned how you managed to survive this long without learning something as simple as peeling a potato.

"Let's get you patched up and then you can just watch me cook," he offered.

You nodded your head, happily accepting his gentle kiss before he rushed off to get you the first aid box.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.