Toni Shalifoe- Fall (c)

The Wilds One Shot

Sometimes you agreed to things that you shouldn't have just because of someone's pretty face. You tried your best to keep your emotions under control but even after a plane crash, you were falling over your own feet due to a girl that you liked. Toni was your type to the letter, she was pretty and athletic and headstrong, how could you not like her?

She volunteered herself to go into the forest to look for supplies and you quickly agreed to join her. You weren't used to exercising at all, let alone walking a far distance on unsteady terrain with the survival of a group of strangers on your shoulders.

Neither of you knew what you would find. You hoped for a fresh source of water, maybe some form of edible vegetation or fruit, an easy source of firewood and maybe a better shelter than the open beach that you had all occupied so far.

You headed off into the wilderness, trying your best to keep track of where the beach was so that you could return to the others regardless of if you found anything. Together you headed up a steep slope, holding onto the trees around you to try and keep yourself onto your feet but your coordination got the better of you, leading to you tumbling backwards and slipping back down the slope you had just climbed.

A loud grunt escaped you as pain shot through your body, whilst Toni chased after you to make sure you were okay. You were pretty sure you weren't terribly injured, but you weren't completely unscathed.

"Are you okay?" She asked, crouching down beside you, helping you sit up.

You looked yourself over, seeing many scratches and a few splashes of blood, along with a lot of future bruising but nothing major that would leave you unable to continue.

"I think so," you sighed, trying to brush off your clothes and get back up onto your feet with her assistance.

"You've got a little something..." Toni's words trailed off as she wiped a drip of blood from your eyebrow that was starting to make its way into your eye.

Your heart jumped up into your chest from having her stood so close to you. You were far from the smoothest person in the world, definitely not after you felt down a hill, just after a plane crash.

"Thanks," you croaked, lowering your head to avoid eye contact but Toni wasn't a fan of that. She rested her hand under your chin, forcing you to look her in the eye again.

"Do you want to continue?" She asked.

You nodded your head. "I'm fine, and I like spending time with you, so let's continue."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.