Caroline Channing- Subway (a)

2 Broke Girls One Shot

In tightly clutched hands you and Caroline held onto the boxes of cupcakes as if you were carrying onto them for your life. It was bad enough having to catch the subway to the venue, you were at least banking on having a seat, yet here you were both stood up with boxes so big you struggled to hold them in two hands.

"Hey!" Caroline took a very small, careful step backwards as the box almost met a messy fate at the hands of a suited businessman's back as he stepped backwards and almost knocked them from her grasp. "Excuse me!" She nudged into his chequered, light grey blazer with the corner of the box as he swayed back and forth with no care for his surroundings.

"What?" He turned with disgust and annoyance spread across his face as he held his mobile phone across his cheek. "I'm trying to make a phone call here." He scoffed.

"Don't worry about its Caroline." You pleaded. "The cupcakes are safe, no harm no foul."

"Max taught me that if I get pushed around by one person on the subway, the whole cart's going to start taking advantage." She took a sharp inhale and dropped her box on top of yours, she raised a pointed nail and prodded it into the slick haired passenger. "I want an apology." She stood proudly with arms crossed across her chest.

"Look, let me call you back." He sighed and you felt his eyes roll through the back of his head. "This bitch wont stop harassing me about some nonsense." Caroline's mouth dropped and her hands migrated to her hips. "What do you want little girl, I'm trying to make money here."

"I want an apology." She said sternly. You were lucky Caroline had dumped her cakes with you for it hid the widespread smile that had crept onto your face. "I want you to say sorry for bumping into my cakes, we're trying to make money too you know, it isn't all about you."

"Right." He smiled sarcastically and turned back around. Caroline raised her hand once more and prodded deeper into his shoulder. "If you don't stop harassing me, I'm going to have to speak to my lawyers."

"Hah!" Caroline sneered. "I've been in front of and behind lawyers more times than you could possibly imagine." She took a moment to think through what she had just said before becoming flustered. "Look mister! All I want is for you to say sorry, that way we can both get through our day. If not, I'm more than happy to take this to the subway station." She turned to you, raising her hand to protect her mouth. "Max taught me some moves, don't worry, I can take him!" She whispered.

"No... no you can't. Look, I'm sorry for bumping into your box. Can we please just go about our days now?" Caroline curtsied shallowly and plucked the box from your hand.

"Oh Caroline, you're so fucking adorable."

~*~

Written by Aaron.