Monroe- Vinyl's (h)

Grimm One Shot

Pretty much everyone had a hobby, whether that was a sport or some form of craft or just something they enjoyed doing.

From when you were little, you'd loved vinyl's, your father had collected them, and it had become a daily occurrence to listen to at least two or three out of his collection.

When you were old enough, you'd decided to open up a vinyl store, it was only small, but you loved it to absolute pieces.

Your father had always encouraged you to open your own shop and when he unfortunately passed away, you'd added a portrait of him to a wall in the shop to always remind you of who'd been your inspiration.

Throughout the years you'd obviously had many different customers, but you got to know your regulars. Recently you'd noticed a man with shaggy brown hair and a beard be a somewhat frequent visitor to your shop.

He didn't always buy a record, more often than not he spent a long while browsing and occasionally listen to a few.

He'd introduced himself as Monroe one day when he'd decided to buy something, and that name flashed through your mind more than a few times each day.

On Monday he'd been in in the morning, you were still half asleep but offered him a smile when he came in.

On Tuesday he was in just gone noon, shooting a smile your way and he noticed the takeaway cup of coffee you had next to you from just down the road.

On Wednesday just before noon he walked in holding a cup of coffee from the place you frequented and so you lifted your own cup by way of a greeting – he smiled very sweetly in response.

On Thursday he didn't come in until an hour before closing, but when he did, he brought you a cup of coffee along with his own. Of course, you'd questioned how he knew your order, he simply shrugged and told you it was a guess.

On Friday he'd come again in the morning, holding a cup of the takeaway coffee and a paper bag in his hand. He'd come over to you to say good morning and simply handed you both the cup and the paper bag, inside was a pastry that you loved and he just told you that you needed to eat breakfast – how did he know you often forgot?

Then it had gotten to Saturday and you had to admit it to yourself that you kept glancing to the door every few minutes to see if he was coming in.

Your thoughts of him were answered just before you were going for lunch, he walked in with the small bell above the door announcing his arrival.

"Afternoon Y/N," he greeted with a smile but then faltered when he saw you were about to grab your bag. "I've not come at a bad time, have I?"

You shook your head, smiling back at him. "Not at all, I was just going to go for some lunch," you answered and then an idea came to mind. "Would you like to join me?"

He seemed surprised at your question but quickly recovered as he nodded in agreement. "I'd love to, I know a great pub not far from your beloved coffee shop."

"Oh, you must know me so well," you commented with a laugh as you both walked out of the door with you locking up afterwards.

"I can't deny that you're the main reason I come into your store every day," he told you somewhat nervously and you couldn't quite believe what he was saying.

You tried to fight the blush rising to your cheeks, but you didn't quite manage it. "So, you don't come for my great selection of vinyl's then?"

Laughing he shook his head. "Whilst they are a great selection Y/N, I do find myself wanting to see you instead."

Your mouth dropped open in shock which caused Monroe to chuckle to himself.

"Is that a surprise?" he questioned, failing to keep the humour from his tone.

"I can't honestly say that I've ever been hit on by a regular, let alone basically asked out by one," you knew he hadn't quite asked you out, but you were hoping you could hint at him.

A smile crossed his face at your words. "Well, if it's a first for you then why don't we turn this lunch trip into a lunch date?"

He offered you his arm and you took it with a smile. "I'd love that."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.