Wendell Bray- Surprise (h)

Bones One Shot

You knew that your boyfriend was pretty private at work, he rarely spoke about you and you knew about that – most people thought it was strange for you to not have met his colleagues as of yet, but you understood his reservations.

Wendell was still only an intern at the Jeffersonian, and of course he wanted people to focus on the work he did rather than the person he was dating.

The two of you had been together for around four years – the only person at the Jeffersonian that knew of your relationship was your twin brother, Lance.

He'd known about it since before Wendell had started his internship and had agreed to keep mum out of respect for the two of you.

And that evening you were meeting Lance for a drink so of course Wendell was coming – what you hadn't accounted for was that Lance had accidentally invited the rest of the team.

You turned up to the bar hand in hand with Wendell, the two of you talking and laughing, but you both stopped short when you saw the whole table staring at you – more specifically at your intertwined hands.

"Lance?" you questioned, staring your brother down.

He sighed. "I'm sorry Y/N, it was an accident."

You rolled your eyes whilst Wendell shifted nervously under the stares of his colleagues/friends.

"Wait you know her?" the guy Wendell referred to as 'Hodgins' questioned.

Lance chuckled nervously. "This is my twin, Y/N Sweets."

It was Lance's turn to be stared at in surprise which you silently revelled in.

"You have a twin?!" the FBI agent Booth asked sounding shocked.

"I suppose this is long overdue," you admitted as you tugged Wendell forward gently. "I'm Lance's twin yes, we were supposed to be meeting for a quiet drink."

Everyone seemed shocked that you had actually spoken but soon enough attention turned to yours and Wendell's intertwined hands once again.

Wendell sighed, letting go of your hand so that he could usher you into a seat.

"And you two know each other how exactly?" Wendell's boss asked, watching the two of you carefully.

"We're together," you stated as you fixed Lance with a glare, so he'd go to get you a drink.

You felt Wendell's arm go around your shoulder. "We've been together for just over four years now," he admitted as he smiled down at you.

You watched as the faces of the people at the table all went from confusion to surprise and then back to confusion.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Jack quizzed, sounding slightly hurt but you could understand why as you knew he was close with Wendell.

Wendell shrugged as he accepted his drink from Lance as did you.

"I didn't want you all to think I got the internship because of Y/N and her connections with the FBI, and then after that worry wore off, I didn't know how to bring it up," he explained.

"I respected his wishes," you stated. "As did my brother which is why none of us ever said anything – but I am surprised nothing ever clicked considering there's a picture of myself and Wendell in Lance's office."

Once again everyone's eyes turned to Lance who nodded. "There is, it was from Y/N's graduation – it has always been there."

Temperance then cleared her throat and looked to you, seemingly indifferent but then she smiled.

"Well Y/N, as surprising as this is, it's a pleasure to meet you."

~*~

Written by Hannah.