Jesse Pinkman- Sleep (a)

Breaking Bad One Shot

Jesse's hand scattered around the empty space by his low sitting bed as you pushed the door to his room open a little bit too hard.

"Who the fuck is that?" He asked, unable to see past your silhouette as his hands wrapped around a dented aluminium bat he kept by his bed for moments like these. "Stay back!" You flicked the light on, Jesse had jumped from under the covers and was now stood on top of his bed in blue striped pants and with squinted eyes.

"Chill Jesse, it's me." His eyes slowly opened and once he saw you stood clutching your pillow in his doorway he dropped the bat and hopped onto the patchy carpet floor.

"Sorry... I'm not used to having guests over. What's up?" He asked you to turn the light off, he grabbed his phone and illuminated a path to the bed so that you could get there whilst avoiding his build up of clothes that needed to be washed.

"Your piece of shit crackhead neighbours are arguing again, do you mind if I sleep in here tonight? I mean, I appreciate you letting me crash here, especially given we only broke up like three months ago. The sofa's like right next to their wall, it's a nightmare." That was of course a complete lie, you just missed being in the same bed as him, the way he snored, the way his arm would reach out for you in the middle of the night just to check that you were there... all the things that meant finishing with him on only good terms that much harder.

"Sure, whatever." He lifted up the sheets and spared a pillow from underneath his own head. You slid in and with the warmth that his body had brought the memories of those nights sleeping next to him flooded back.

"You would have thought those guys would have figured their issue out by now, they were up all night shouting when we first got together."

"You came into my room and woke me up at... three in the morning just to cuddle, didn't you?" He reached his hand out for you, almost by instinct, as he did every night you were together.

"What? No, I just couldn't sleep because of their domestic situation, should we like... I don't know, call the cops or go around and see if they're okay or whatever?"

"We can call the cops but they'd be going around to an empty house."

"Empty house?"

"Yeah the cops came by weeks back and they're both in jail, nobodies been in that house since."

~*~

Written by Aaron.

Tumblr Request.