- 50 -

○ Diya's POV ○

○ Diya's POV ○

The next day morning, Ryan woke me up early at 4 am and said that we need to go to New York as he has some emergencies and already he had taken leave for four days. So, we just informed Ma that we need to go.

I slept in the car while Edward drove for three to four hours to reach our home. The moment I stepped in the house, I felt like home. I felt like returning after ages. Edward just moved to the couch and laid down.

"Ed!! Coffee?" I asked him and he nodded in tiredness.

I opened the fridge to check the food products. Everything was like as it was before. Nothing got spoiled. I made the coffee and walked to the living room. There I saw him sleeping peacefully. I smiled looking at my husband and walked to bedroom to switch on the heater. Suddenly, I heard the alarm sound and I got to the living room to see him with his phone.

He got up and walked to me.
"I need to be there in 20 minutes. So, I will take bath first" He said, picking up the towel and got inside the bathroom. Atleast he got the Christmas leave or else it's very difficult to see him often. But, I can understand him and his work. I always admire doctor profession

After I send him, I got ready for my work. I reached the restaurant and walked in.

"Hey, Mrs.Chef. we all missed you and all the customers missed your dishes" Rahul greeted excitedly.

"Yeah, I feel like a long holiday even though it was only few days. I missed the restaurant" I said, smiling.

Then, I walked to the kitchen to see my friends.

"Hiii, Diyaaa....I missed you so much. It was too boring with
Sanjay" Nive rushed to me and hugged.

"I missed you too Nive" I said and laughed.

"Did you know that the award function date has been announced?" She said, washing the vegetables for chopping.

"What? No, I didn't know. When's that" I asked her wearing my apron.

"It's one week from now. Next monday" she said, now chopping the veges.

"Ok" I replied. " I have to say this to Edward" I said to myself and continued my work.

I finished my work and got home. I got a message from Ryan that he wouldn't be able to come home tonight and may be the next day too. It was New year tomorrow and Ryan wasn't there. I had noddles as I was not interested in making anything for myself.

After having, I switched on the TV and watched some New year programs. I didn't know when I slept. I was woken up by the ringtone of my phone.

I lazily stretched to get my phone from the teapoy. It was Ed on video call. I attend the call.

"Happy New year baby. Sorry it's 2 am now. I was in middle of the operation so I couldn't wish you at 12" he said will full excitement but I was in half sleep mode.