- 57 -

▪︎ Surprise update ▪︎

Recap - The anchor calling Ryan to stage.

○ Diya's POV ○

I would have spoken back something to Shwetha. But, I was less interested in arguing further with someone who wants to taunt other person in someway or the other. That's when I heard Edward's voice. I was shocked, suprised, extremely happy and also little angry with my husband.

I am not that much angry now because I realised that I was wrong too. I should have given him time for explaining. I got triggered when I saw him with Liza and didn't bother to message me. I missed him so much for the award function before. But now when I have him with me. I wanted to tell him how nervous I am right now.

Already, I realized that whatever it is I should have heard his reason and moreover when he told me to be patient and wìll explain himself after the award function, I just left all my worries and sadness because he told I would be ok when I heard his reason. I was sure he wouldn't have done anything wrong.

The highlight was I didn't speak anything but he understood everything and responded correctly. Inside I felt so happy to seeing his understanding.

Whatever it is, when I got the award. I said that my parents would be proud. I wanted to say about Edward too. He is one who made me feel okay, who makes me feel secure, who is a pillar of support for me. But, the anchor interrupted with another question.

Back to the present, the anchor called Edward. By just seeing the way he stood up, put in suit button and walked majestically, I got lost seeing his beauty. Why wouldn't any girl come behind him when he's that handsome?? That time, my inner wicked mind told that he's all mine. I couldn't control myself without smiling.

Edward reached the stage and You should see everyone's face's, seeing our weird combination of Indian and American. Nowdays, marriage like these happen. But not common. If an American or some youngster see us, they wouldn't bother only. But, if an Indian aunty, uncle or anyone see us, they would tell
-- Love marriage huh?? That too with a foreigner??  Oh my god!! Young people these days don't follow tradition or have values anything...

And to mention again, this function conducted by Indian society. Obviously, only Indian will there in majority. So, coming to the present everyone looked at us like a "weird specimens". The anchor without being quiet started with a question.

"Oh my god!! This is nice. Indian girl married an American guy and Dr.Ryan, I strongly say that most of us here would be aware of your skills. All others were regular awards which we give each year. But, this award is new and added because of Diya's food popularity. She has got many people who got addicted to the taste. So, I just handover the mike to the audience. They will ask you question. This will be quick. I will give the mic to 2 people only. Is that fine for you?" she asked and I couldn't imagine what will happen now. Will this ok or it will flop??