- 23 -

Edward Ryan's pov

Edward Ryan's pov..

I couldn't believe the fact that she was possessive but one thing I was sure, when I thought about the conversation, the way Mia spoke would have definitely hurted her. I don't know what Diya would have assumed about me. Shit!! I didn't realise it at that time. Thinking of all this,

I rang the bell. After a couple of minutes, Diya opened the door with soapy sponge in her hands.

" Come in " she said and walked to the kitchen. I wanted to speak to her but I thought it would be better to freshen up first.
After the shower, I wore a blue
t-shirt and trousers and walked to the kitchen to see Diya cleaning.

"Actually" I started but was stopped when she said

" I have kept the dinner in the dining"

"Did you have dinner?"

" No. I will have after finishing this"

" Then, let me help you. We will have dinner together"

" No, it's ok. I can manage" she said and I just didn't reply. First, I need to resolve the past issue. I took a scrubber and started cleaning. We finished it in 10 minutes. There was nothing much to clean though.

She then started filling water in the jug and walked to the dining. I couldn't talk anything and just sat quietly, finishing the meal.

After having, I insisted in taking the dishes to the dishwasher and she let me do it. While I loaded the dishes

" Tell me, what is it?" She said startling me from standing behind

" hmm..How do you know I was about to ask you something?" I asked.

" You were obvious" She said. So, I could conclude she would have known by now, what I am about to speak.

" Actually..mmm.. I'm sorry. She was my classmate. Nothing else. I had no past relationships" God..what am I doing? I'm doomed. This is what John said not to show her that she was possessive.

" What? Did I ask you this? What made you think I'm angry at you for this reason?" she asked, glaring at me and standing against the kitchen counter with folded hands.

" You agree that you were angry and I didn't say which girl am referring to" I asked her closing the dishwasher.

" Yes. I know, I was obvious. When she was talking like that, you were just standing there listening to her" she said angrily and avoided the eye contact.

" Talking like what?" I asked, confused.

" You really don't know. She emphasized "that too an Asian". What's wrong in being a person from different country?" she asked and that moment I realised, she was possessive for one thing and angry for another reason.