- 1 -

Introducing Diya , our heroine

Diya's pov..

My life was full of happiness. My parents were the best. Grandmom was the sweetest of all.They were my everything. I was very much pampered but was bought with discipline. My father was an important and most respected person in our village.He was a doctor. My grandfather before passing away told my father to help needy people in every possible way. So my father started a hospital in our village with free treatment. Our village is situated in South India

My mom, a goldmedalist in economics during her undergraduate found happiness in starting a free old age home . she lost her parents at a very young age and always wanted to start an old age home. she used to say that it was cruel to leave our parents as without them we wouldn't be there in this world.

My family members doesn't stop here, my dad has a younger brother. He looks after the agriculture land. I have a younger cousin named Priya.You would have wondered how we run the hospital and old age home free of cost. My grandfather owned most of the agricultural land in our village. By now you would have found out how , the earnings in agriculture was put for the expenses of hospital and old age home. My life was perfect .I even felt like I was the luckiest person in the whole world until that day. My whole world turned upside down

12 years ago..(diya -9 years old)

"Diya wake up ,grandmom is already ready" mom shouted from the kitchen.

"Ma I will be ready in half an hr" I shouted back and got up to get ready (ma-mom)

Yesterday night, Grandmom and me decided to attend the temple function the next day. My aunt went to her parents home with priya for vacation.

Today my parents are going to attend a marriage function in the nearby village.

After getting ready I went down.

"Good morning pa"(pa-dad)

"Good morning boo boo .Come here and close your eyes" dad said .Boo boo is my pet name.

"Y pa"

"Don't ask questions and close your eyes"

I closed my eyes and I felt something in my hand .

"Now open your eyes and see"

I quickly opened my eyes and saw a dreamcatcher. I was very much surprised as it was the same one i was showing my dad pointing to the dreamcatcher in one shop.

"I love you pa.I didnt expect this" I said, hugging my dad

"I know you Boo Boo" Dad hugged back and said

My mom came from the kitchen saying "so you don't love your ma"

I went to my mom hugged her saying I love you too ma.

Then my grandmom came and asked "so you dont love me ,you love only your mom and dad haan?"

I released my hug and said "I love you too and you three know how much I love you all "

They all laughed.

My mom and dad got in the car and went as it became late already.

Suddenly Grandmom and me decided to go the temple function in the evening.

We both were watching tv when the call that shook my whole life came.

I picked up the call

"Is this doctor sir house "

"Yes"

" I don't know how to say this Doctor sir and his wife met with an accident and they died on the spot"

I dropped my phone My body was still and couldnt move . Thoughts started coming backwards the smile of my mom, dad our life.I fainted then and there.
                     -Noon

I opened my eyes and looked around.The reality hit my mind and I started trembling. I was informed that my grandmom and uncle has went to the spot and I wasn't allowed to see my parents as I wasn't old enough to see the accident scene.

I couldn't see my mom and dad face atleast for the last time.The last moment I remember was them waving their hand saying goodbye when they went in the car.

~ 680 words ~