- 22 -

Diya's pov

Diya's pov...

The next day, after Ryan went to work. I took my phone to explore it. The first thing, I wanted to do was to call Divya and Pooja. I always remembered their number by heart because I don't call anyone other than them.

I dialed the number and called Divya first. She didn't pick the call twice and when I called her for the third time, the call ended abruptly. "What?? Did she block me?" Is she having that much anger on me. Oh come on, Diya. Use your brain. She doesn't know this number

Then I tried calling Pooja. In the second ring, she picked up the call.

" Hello Pooja. It's me, Diya"

" Oh my god!! Diya..How are you and where have you been all this time? We have been trying to find you since that day. Your aunty told that you ditched them and ran off " she started excitedly, then lowered her voice " But we didn't believe her because we know about you and her "

" I am fine. I didn't run anywhere. I was sent to New York with Priya. I tried to contact Divya but she blocked me" I said sadly. I didn't know the reason for blocking

" Blocked??" with a pause, she laughed and continued " she would have blocked you because she would have seen the long number and thought it would be spam calls. You know that right, she would always do that"

Then I realised that she has the habit of blocking. "Yes. Forgot about this totally " I said and laughed.

" Wait, I will talk to her and connect you in conference" she said and I waited. After a minute,

[Tamil - " Eruma maadu...panni..Engadi pona. Uyirodathan irukiya? Oru phone kooda pana theriyatha unakulam" ]
"Buffalo...Pig..Where the hell have you been? Are you still alive? Can't you call once atleast" Divya shouted from the other end. I ignored her shout and was happy to her voice. I literally cried

"I'm safe here in New York. I missed you guys badly" I said crying.

" Hey, what happened Diya? Tell us, we will sort it out " Pooja said with concern.

" Stop crying now. Tell me who is it, I will be the death of her. Is that bitch Priya?"Divya shouted angrily.

" No, she was and now it's not. I'm happy here. I got married. I was just missing you" I said, wiping my tears.

" What? Married ?" They both said in unison with utter shock.

" Yes..wait, let me tell you" I said and told them the whole story from that day till now.

"Are you happy now?" Pooja asked me while

"Diya. Had you just married a foreigner? This is really unexpected and awesome. Your story is full of twists and turns. But, this is woww" Divya said excitedly.

" Divya, shut up. She has suffered so much..think of that" Pooja said irritated

" Leave her. You know how she is" I said laughing.