- 12 -

Edward Ryan's pov

Edward Ryan's pov..

It has been two days after the party. I have been busy lately. Everything has been just the same the hospital - work - busy - Intern's - surgeries, but a new thing got added. That is Diya. I can't believe that am thinking of a girl.

Every now and then, am getting thoughts of her captivating eyes and then the next moment, her tearful eyes. This feeling leaves me frustrated. Jesus!! What happened to me? Don't know whether it's sympathy or not? I have never ever thought someone let alone a girl like this.

I came out of my thoughts when my phone started vibrating. It was Mom. Why is she calling during the day? I thought and picked up the call.

" Morning mom. Is everything fine?"

" Good morning son. Yes.. yes, everything is fine. Just a surprise ...guess what?"

"Mom, you know I hate suspense. Just tell me"

"You are so boring. Anyways, I'm coming to New York to see you " she said enthusiastically.

" What? Why? I mean, why do you have to strain yourself? " I asked her confused.

" Nothing Edward. It has been a long time and I didn't ask you, just informed you. I will come by tomorrow morning for the weekends "

" Ok mom. Tell me the time so that I can pick you up"

" I am not a child. I know my way. I thought to surprise you at the door but, am not interested in irritating you" she said laughing.

" Glad that you didn't do that. See you tomorrow then. Bye mom " I said and ended the call.

After the shift, I went straight to the grocery store as I ran out of items. I got home, cleaned the house and stored everything in the fridge and got to bed.

The next day morning, I got up at 6. I took leave today and also as its the weekends I told the Interns to cover up and informed them to call if there is a real emergency. Mom would come soon so I thought to make something for her. Just then I heard the door bell ring. I opened the door and was shocked to see...

" Diya...what happened? Why are you here this early? Come on in" I said to her. I didn't know what to talk to her? There she goes again lowering her head.

She rushed inside and closed the door.

" I came here to ask you a favour. Will you do it? " she asked still lowering her head.

" I..I will do. But first, look at me and talk. I'm not a monster " I said to her in my best calm tone.
She nodded a no.

" If you don't look at me and talk, I'm not going to listen " I said sternly. She then looked at me with tearful eyes and her face full of heavy makeup. I felt a sudden sharp pain in my heart when I saw her in tears.

I could say she tried to cover up something. She again looked down and said

" I am here to ask you a favour. I know am no one to you. But still, I hope you would do it. That day at the party, I was wrong. I had to be more careful and I deserve that. It has nothing to do with Priya. She has been worrying since then and she is not eating properly. She is interested in you. At least talk to her as a friend. Please and don't say that I came and spoke with you" she said and turned to open the door.

" Do you always leave in middle of a conversation? Did she send you to talk like this, so that I will forgive her and what are you hiding behind that heavy makeup?" I moved close to her questioning. But, she moved back a little and said

" No, what I said is truth. She didn't send me. She is sleeping. I thought of speaking with you for the past two days but didn't get time. It's the weekend so I thought I would have a word with you before she wakes up. I can't see her worried and kindly do this without asking questions. please...please.." she pleaded.

I couldn't get a clear picture of the situation, but I can say she wants me to speak with Priya. I couldn't ask her any questions.

" ok " I said and she opened the door and went out.

I couldn't process anything in my mind and stood there for good 5 mins when mom entered.

" Edward. How come you are standing with the door open? Did you know I would come at this time " she smiled and came to hug me.

I smiled and hugged her back.

" What happened my son? Tell me what's bothering you?" she asked and sat on the sofa. God..she always finds out my mood so easily.

"Nothing mom" I said and walked to the sofa and took my seat.

" I know about you Edward. Just spit it out !!" She said and I couldn't get out of the situation too. So, I told her the whole incident.

Then, she came and sat beside me and said "Edward, don't think much. May be she was worried. Anyway, I thought of inviting your new neighbor tonight for dinner. You told in phone that you got a new neighborhood remember and this will ease the situation" she said tapping my shoulder.

" Ok mom. May be, this would work "I smiled weakly " How are you ? I missed you mom. How's dad? "I asked

"I'm good and your dad, he is always busy. I missed you too Edward" she said and hugged me.

" Mom, you go freshen up and I will make something for breakfast" I said and walked to the kitchen.

After we had breakfast, she wanted to do shopping and strictly told me not to come. I didn't know why because she usually likes me to accompany her to shopping.

I took out my laptop and asked the details to the Intern's. I needed to verify and check the treatments as they are still Intern's and I also wanted to make sure everything goes fine as it's a matter of health.

Mom came after 4 hours and started to make dinner.

" I really miss your food mom" I said sitting in the dining.

" I know son. See today am going to do all your favourites" she said

" Don't stress too much mom. Let me help you" I said and she nodded and gave me some veggies to chop.

" I will go invite those two for dinner" she said and walked to the door.

Later she came inside and said

" I invited them and she gladly accepted it. But, I didn't get to see Diya. Priya told that she is in her room and she would inform her too" she said and went back to the kitchen.

How's the chapter guys.

~ 1156 words ~