- 25 -

It's double update

It's double update. Read the 24th chapter.

Diya's pov...

The restaurant was a small one. I picked up this as it was the only one I could find within a walkable distance. As I walked in the restaurant, I was greeted by a young man.

He was in his late 20's. He had low fade with slick black hair. He carried an imperious nose and his angular cheekbones carved down towards a flinty jaw.
He had a dashing personality and a cosmic smile.

"Welcome. We have opened the restaurant recently. Hope you enjoy your meal and give us honest feedback to help us improve"

" Sure, thanks" I said, moving and choose a table to sit. The restaurant was quite empty with four customers. I ordered full meals and waited. I waited for like fifteen minutes and I could see people around me getting impatient.

I turned to look in the direction of the kitchen when I heard random sounds of argument and next minute, a man walked out angrily.

"Fu** off, man" he was swearing at the young man whom I saw in the front.

" Don't show your face again" the guy shouted back.

" Extremely sorry for the commotion. You order will be served now" he turned to us and said.

After 5 mins, We were served food. I won't say that it was a great meal. It had no flavour and was plain. I couldn't complain though.

I went to the cash counter and saw the same guy who greeted me. So, he's the owner. He looked really pissed off.

"I am the owner of this restaurant. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. This is a new restaurant and we are gradually developing it. Today's an unlucky day, I dismissed the chef. We have to soon keep a board for hiring. By the way, you can tell your suggestion for improvisation" he said in a low voice. I could say he was worried.

" No problem. I understand. The food was good, but it was plain"
I said, looking for the response when I heard his phone caller tune.

" One min" he said and attended the call.

" Yes, sir. I know the food has to be ready by evening. But... ok sir.. no problem I will see to it. Thank you, sir" he said and cut the call.

"Shit" he looked frustrated.

" Something wrong?" I asked him.

" uhmm..Yes, I have got a order to be delivered by evening, but the chef is not available. This is a new restaurant so I could afford only one chef and I had already faced and, facing struggles. Sorry, you're my customer, but I'm telling you unnecessary things"

"It's ok. May be, because we share the same language. Everything will be fine. You will surely be able to run the restaurant successfully" I smiled.